Waihuka Shark Dive operator charged with attempted murder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again, I don't see many last names here. You don't appear interested in the thread as your replies only take me to task for a difference of opinion regarding personal editorial guidelines.

What do you think about the letter? More speculation, rumor, innuendo?

JayT

Again, I don't see many last names here. You don't appear interested in the thread as your replies only take me to task for a difference of opinion regarding personal editorial guidelines.

JayT

Well, since all I have is a picture provided by you of some words that could easily have been typed by anybody, I choose to not believe a word of the letter. I have tried to locate this article online but am unable to anywhere on the BIV website so that does nothing to validate. I am not saying it does not exist, but I do not believe everything I read in the paper or on the internet. I voiced my issues at the beginning of this thread and nothing has been stated that has drastically change my outlook. Just because you post a picture does not validate it and prove it accurate.

The attachment is a scanned page from the BIV March hard copy issue. Seeing is definitely not believing. It's all a grand conspiracy. While you claim to have looked, even if you had found it online you wouldn't believe it? Try the library.

Basta, señor. If you've "voiced" your issues at the beginning of the thread why not move along? Nothing happening here.

JayT

Are you the gate keeper to this thread or just looking to pick a fight? You have joined SB, posted nothing but a couple posts in this thread only and you get pissy when someone chooses not to agree with you. Welcome to an internet forum. You will truly enjoy SB because EVERYBODY here is just looking to agree with YOU :shakehead:.

Why am I still here? Perhaps I am hoping someone will come along that is intelligent enough to provide a compelling enough argument (sadly a single picture is not that compelling) to prove that this story is true or false.

JayT
I don't see your name here either, all I see is a user name created March 14th, who as strange as it seems, has figured out how to post in this thread only, hasn't filled it's profile out completely, has figured out how to attach items to posts, yet still can't post their real name. I wish we could get a MOD to pull your IP address, I would love to see who you really are "JayT". And what you have to do with this investigation, are you the "victim" or are you some law student who is trying to swing public opinion?

The attachment is a scanned page from the BIV March hard copy issue. Seeing is definitely not believing. It's all a grand conspiracy. While you claim to have looked, even if you had found it online you wouldn't believe it? Try the library.

Basta, señor. If you've "voiced" your issues at the beginning of the thread why not move along? Nothing happening here.

JayT

Nothing happening here, yet you remain coming back to THIS THREAD ONLY.

Are you the gate keeper to this thread or just looking to pick a fight? You have joined SB, posted nothing but a couple posts in this thread only and you get pissy when someone chooses not to agree with you. Welcome to an internet forum. You will truly enjoy SB because EVERYBODY here is just looking to agree with YOU :shakehead:.

Why am I still here? Perhaps I am hoping someone will come along that is intelligent enough to provide a compelling enough argument (sadly a single picture is not that compelling) to prove that this story is true or false.
I guess IT thinks IT is the gatekeeper. . . better to get pissy then pissed on I always say . . .

John Bryan
Baltimore, MD
God #2

While it may be difficult to "believe" in heaven, most would say they hope there is one.

I've tried repeatedly to point out that the thread is not about me, or our differences in editorial etiquette. Now you suggest that I'm the gatekeeper of the thread. How about focusing on the thread instead of me? When I posted this information the focus of both forum members who responded was me, not the incident. What does that say?

A single picture can often be compelling. This published photo shows a male diver "fiddling" with a surprised-looking female diver's tank, while a third diver is seen swimming towards the other two. The letter to the editor needs no explanation.

If you have nothing else to hit me with perhaps we can simply agree to disagree.

Peace,

JayT

While it may be difficult to "believe" in heaven, most would say they hope there is one.

I've tried repeatedly to point out that the thread is not about me, or our differences in editorial etiquette. Now you suggest that I'm the gatekeeper of the thread. How about focusing on the thread instead of me? When I posted this information the focus of both forum members who responded was me, not the incident. What does that say?

A single picture can often be compelling. This published photo shows a male diver "fiddling" with a surprised-looking female diver's tank, while a third diver is seen swimming towards the other two. The letter to the editor needs no explanation.

If you have nothing else to hit me with perhaps we can simply agree to disagree.

Peace,

JayT

we can agree to disagree, that doesn't change the fact that the first post EVER on Scubaboard was one to weigh in on a subject that had to have hit an emotional nerve for you. Maybe you have been a lurker and finally got the courage to post, if so congrats.

If your only objective, as it seems you are weighing heavily on the article you posted, was to publicize the article you have done so and you can go back to scouring the internets for another forum to slander people on.

After reading that BIV letter to the editor while enjoying a Port Royal at RTB waiting for Houston weather to clear I had a feeling this thread would perk up again! Glad I wasn't dissapointed.

Now, anyone here actually SEEN the video or have credible info from the claimed DA's charges?!?

By the way, did that shark dive last Wednesday. Very cool. Got to swim with about 20-25 of them. The only fear I had was the carnage after the feeding when we were allowed to come off the wall and look for shark teeth! I stayed out of that one - it looked rough in there!

P4156186041909.jpg

I didn't jump on Jay. All I said is that he is just spreading rumors at this point. He is just repeating what has been said before. He wasn't there, he doesn't know for sure, he is just taking someone else's words as gospel.
I have no dog in this fight, I am totally out of this, don't know any of the parties at all, never did the shark dive.... I just think that hashing this over and over does nothing to help. Let's wait and see what the investigation comes up with.

OHH JayT!!!!

Did you miss this post? Chcek out the BOLD areas please. . .

While I do not believe in Heaven, I have no problem with those that do. It is their right as it is mine and we get along just fine as long as one's point of view is not "forced" onto the other.

I did focus on the material and you still did not like it. You told me to "move on". Not the way to get me to move.

The letter and the picture have no credibility from me because there is nothing that validates it as being true and real. I agree that if I saw it on the BIV site it would still be speculative but at least it would have been more than a picture taken from somewhere on the internet and posted by an unknown (this is not a shot at you and is just to say that you are new to SB and have yet to prove that you are "real") poster. I am not claiming that the picture is not truly a copy of an article from the BIV......I just like to try once in a while to validate information as best I can before I argue it too much.

The gloves remain on (i.e. not hitting anybody). This we can do. I will continue watching the thread and hopefully some information will come available that will make it easy for even the most obtuse of us to believe. But until then, I remain a skeptic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom