Vypers models

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taurash

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a sh computer that fits 150 euro budget but I am a little bit confused by so many and different models.
Can you help me out what are the differences between suunto vypers: vyper, vyper2, vyper air, etc.
Thanks

I was looking on Suunto's site. The Vyper is a more basic 3 button, non- air integrated, computer that is Nitrox compatible. Suunto no longer has the Vyper 2 on their web site, so I would guess that it is discontinued, but some may still be out on the market. Looks like a little more features (but not sure what they are, since they do not have it on their site), since it looks to be a 4 button computer. (I know this one, I had one) The Vyper Air is a hoseless air integrated, nitrox compatible computer with an electronic compass. Pretty much has most of the "Bells & Whistles". I have also had the HelO2 computer. The one thing I was not crazy about the Suunto products was how ultra conservative they are, using the RGBM decompression models. Didn't work well with technical diving for me. They are a decent recreational computer, so long as you keep your NDL time in mind & watch your ascents (very sensitive to these). Here is Suunto's web site for their computers, so you can compare for yourself: See all dive products - Suunto[]=6977&page=2 . Cheers!

The easiest and most accurate way to figure out the model and features, would be to see if the seller could tell you the serial number on the unit. If so, contact Suunto support via email or phone and ask them what they can tell you about the unit. Otherwise, anyone's guess is just that.

This appears to be a standard wrist-mount Vyper, but I can't be positive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom