Vote: Dive Computer "Conservative" Setting?

Do you set your dive computer to more conservative than the standard model?

• Yes, I set my dive computer more conservative because some factors apply to me.

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • No, I use the standard model but add some conservatism by avoiding the limit..

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • No, I use the standard model and usually dive close to it's limit.s.

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • No, I even reduce the conservancy when possible

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Don't know or I don't have a computer.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I began diving vplanner it was explained to me this way. vpm at 0 coservative factor was = to navy diver, 21 years old with on board chamber, 1 dive only per day, bend then mend. That being said I have been diving plus 3 due to age and it works for me. Like others have said I let the organic computer adjust the incoming data depending on conditions at site and in self.
Eric

I use V planner live on nominal conservation for all recreational dives. Plus 2 conservation for deco dives to 55mt. Plus 4 for 55mt - 90mt trimix dives.

I think any suggestion that VPM-B is so aggressive, that only a super fit 21 year old sailor, doing 1 dive a day with access to a chamber should use it at nominal conservation, for recreational dives, is ludicrous.

Last edited:
Dive it in the normal mode so its showing you a MAXIMUM time you can stay (or if its in deco a MINIMUM out of the water time) then pad it manually.

...unless its a VR3 or something :)

. I would like to see if I can get my predator to closely match my Helo2's settings. I plan to use the Predator as the primary & the Helo2 as the back- up computer.

you want to fit RGBM with deepstops close to Buhlmann......
try GF for your predator to 15/85
However i dont think that there would be a good fit.
Better, make a diveplan with GAP or similar Buhlmann program and use the predator as backup.

Use my Galileo Sol + 2 always due to the fact of my age and numbers of dives.
Most important...it feels good to me.

I actually reduce the conservancy of my HelO2 to match that of my buddy's Oceanic PDCs. With hundreds of dives at this setting, I have yet to experience any DCS symptoms, including sub-clinical symptoms. Of course, doing a two minute deep stop and a full five minutes for my shallow stop helps tremendously. Gas allowing, I almost always exceed any deco obligation by 2-3 minutes.

PS: I modified the poll to reflect that decision.

I use V planner live on nominal conservation for all recreational dives. Plus 2 conservation for deco dives to 55mt. Plus 4 for 55mt - 90mt trimix dives.

I think any suggestion that VPM-B is so aggressive, that only a super fit 21 year old sailor, doing 1 dive a day with access to a chamber should use it at nominal conservation, for recreational dives, is ludicrous.

Your assumption that I was reffering to a recreational profile is based on what?:confused: It is common knowledge that I am the most untrained dangerous diver on SB based on my profile?:rofl3:
Have a nice day
Eric

I don't have a computer yet, but I have decided on one, and it will be a more conservative model.

Suunto Gekko, standard settings, Recreational diving have never occured Deco obligation, Nitrox Po2 1.4. Age 78.

Your assumption that I was reffering to a recreational profile is based on what?:confused: It is common knowledge that I am the most untrained dangerous diver on SB based on my profile?:rofl3:
Have a nice day
Eric

Models produce NDL's or deco schedules. You don't mention anything about deco, & the question is asking about model limits, hence, I assumed you are referring to recreational dives.

Back
Top Bottom