Vortoberfest VI - 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will make some calls tomorrow to see what all is going on and what restrictions may be imposed.

Carolyn:shark2:

You might want to wait and let the dust settle from the current situation. A big party may not be on their priority list right now.JMHO.

Ditto. Got the word from Melissa and the new management are happy to accomodate us and our activities. Got site 8 reserved once again!

C:shark2:

Right now the folks at Vortex are in the middle of a pretty big issue with a missing diver. I'm sure they are getting calls from family members, friends, police, emergency responders, news crews, etc.....

Might be a good thing to give a few days for this to settle down before we worry about the Vortoberfest event.

Some people who would come to this event are even down there aiding in the search efforts. Let's keep our thoughts with them on their safe return.

I understand that Mike, but many need to set up their time off now with their employers. I think it was good that we want to give Vortex business even in the middle of a terrible accident and management change. All I did was ask and Melissa was very nice to talk to, so I set up my reservation.

My hope and prayers go to the recovery teams.

C:shark2:

So, what would be the best airport to fly into if one were to attend Vortoberfest?

So, what would be the best airport to fly into if one were to attend Vortoberfest?

Panama city or Tallahassee.

Panama City being closest.

I'll have to call & reserve a camp site. Been letting them have time to deal with the current situation first, but should call them later in the week I think.

I hope you are seriously thinking of attending!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom