Vortoberfest VI - 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone PM me the details of the trip to the out of the way (close) spring to Vortex. Elena and I would like to be there.

PS, we are almost on our way (6+ hour drive). However, the RR tire was low this morning, so I am sitting here at Goodyear waiting on the repair.

Morrison, Cypress, and a many number of other springs are close to Vortex... you're gonna have to be more specific.

Most of us are going to do cavern dives at Morrison and Cypress(which requires a boat - canoe rentals are available).

Well, Elena is not cavern certified, so I want a nice basin for her to play in while I cavern/cave dive in one of these. I think Cyprus was the one they were talking about earlier in this thread.

Truck packed. Leaving soon. Planning on arriving late this afternoon/early evening...just in time for dinner.

So who wants to meet up for dinner? Since this is my 1st time to the area, your eatery suggestions are welcome.

your eatery suggestions are welcome.

The only place to eat about in Ponce de Leon is "Sallys". they make an awesome hamburger and the fries are great also.

If you want some good seafood, goto Red Bar in Santa Rosa beach. (about 30 min south). You can't go wrong eating there. Order the Grouper. It's awesome. It's well worth the drive.

The only place to eat about in Ponce de Leon is "Sallys". they make an awesome hamburger and the fries are great also.

If you want some good seafood, goto Red Bar in Santa Rosa beach. (about 30 min south). You can't go wrong eating there. Order the Grouper. It's awesome. It's well worth the drive.

Mike you got to get out more often. Sallys isn't the only place now, I highly reccomend 4C's Barbecue. It is fantastic. Sallys dinners not too good, their desserts are but their breakfast is aawesome.

Mike you got to get out more often. Sallys isn't the only place now, I highly reccomend 4C's Barbecue. It is fantastic. Sallys dinners not too good, their desserts are but their breakfast is aawesome.

I thought about 4C's after I posted that and was gonna edit it in. but you beat me to it.

there is (or was) a Subway in one of the gas stations on the freeway exit (south side of I-10) at one time also. not sure if it's still there or not.

I've never eaten dinner at Sally's. just burgers for Lunches. but I've had some others say breakfast was good.

Ok, I'm off tomorrow! I will be at Vortex by 8 am. I got to have air. Trans went out on the truck last night. so I can't tow the boat. What time is everyone meeting up? I may go to morrisons. I don't want to get lost trying to find cypress from upstream on a rented canoe.

Last edited:
Well camp is set up and about to grill some dogs. Hmmm what will I do next. No one else is here. I will be up for some dinner plans this evening.
61349af4-ff80-a354.jpg

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Got a canoe lined up at cotton landing for Cypress. Got room for one more person. I will be at Vortex around 7-8am. pm me if anyone is interested

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom