Vortoberfest IV- 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Deep Dixie Divers are a great bunch of folks. In addition to being obsessed with diving we meet as a group once or twice a year and just have a great weekend of it. We usually base out of Vortex Springs in Ponce de Leon Florida. It is about 5 1/2 hours from the Crescent City.

You need to arrange for a place to stay. Call Vortex and reserve a rustic room there. It is a campground so you must bring your own linen. Camp at Vortex, or get a hotel room at the Motor Lodge.

Then bring your diving gear, sense of humor, and a willingness to socialize with the absoutely best folks there is. We have dives, a world class barbecue, and lots of fun.

The cromudgeons and mentors of the group are Kraken, Rick Murchison, and myself. Simply on the grounds that we have been around the longest. The springs experts are of course SuprBugman and the likes.

If you want even more knowlege please post your questions here or pm us. Come prepared to have a great time - you won't regret it. If you need a list of Ponce de Leon area hotels just ask and I will send you one.

Thanks Tom. I did meet a few of the gang on a dive last month and am going again next month. I just wasn't sure if there is a particular area you all canp at that I should request... do most of you guys tent or rent? (I have a tent and sleeping bag etc and I love camping).

The spring event coincides with the weekend that Rick and I are bringing students so we have a room for the staff to share. I would say that the vast majority camp. If you call Vortex to reserve a campsite get one of the low numbers or just ask to be near Kraken's site. He always gets site one.

Thanks Tom. I did meet a few of the gang on a dive last month and am going again next month. I just wasn't sure if there is a particular area you all canp at that I should request... do most of you guys tent or rent? (I have a tent and sleeping bag etc and I love camping).
CAMP! :D You'll need to reserve a site early, though, so they don't get all taken up.

But there is room for squatters! LOL! The campsites are bigger than Ginnie Springs! We are happy to share!

Happy diving with friends!
Carolyn:sharks:

OK, I think I'll book a site - hopefully either my friend can go or I can carpool out with someone forme the NOLA area/

Guten Morgen, mein Vortoberfest Freunden !!!

In keeping with a new policy set forth by the board of advisors and owner of ScubaBoard with respect to "sticky" threads, I'm "un-sticking" the VortoberfestIV thread until such time the event draws nearer.

Needless to say, I do expect to see the thread bounce to the top of the charts from time to time regardless of the fact that it is no longer stickied.

We don need no steenkin stickee to have a grand and glorious time, do we ?????

der K-eg Meister

I thought the "sticky" controversy was in the FL Conch forum... where there are always 50 stickies...

We don't have a problem with too many stickies in the Dixie Diver forum, so why are they applying the same rules here? Kinda retarted isn't it?

We're right at finalizing the criteria for stickies.

Stand by, won't be long.

The announcement will be made by the board of advisors as a whole.

the K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom