Vortoberfest IV 2008 - After Action Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think a wonderful time was had by all! If you didn't it was your own d#%@ fault!

Just wanted to say thanks to Shane, Andrea, Johnny Mac and the whole crew! You really put loads of work into this event! You guys are great and we'll be back to see you in 2 weeks for our next check out. You make all of us feel welcome when we come to Vortex.

What can I say to Carolyn......love the T! GREAT bahama mamas! Great smores! Thanks I know you put alot of work in too and it was appreciated.

I finally got some "Kraken Stew"! It was just a good as everybody said it was!

"Tommy and the Hands" has quite a ring to it. I think you could take it on the road.

The diving was absolutely awesome. I've never seen the water at Cypress better. Morrison's too. The weather and great company thrown in (Tommy, MayMay, Rick M, Kat and Rick plus my son Cade and his friend Wes) and it couldn't have been a better day! I'm so glad I got to meet some more SBers and see some of the friends from past trips. Great group of people!

Who put the pumpkin in Morrisons? Superbugman was that you? Thanks for the directions.

Thanks EVERYBODY who came and made the weekend a BLAST!

There is an album for Vortoberfest 2008 in my gallery.
Here is a link :
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/26242/cat/500

And a few samples:

v35.jpg

v221.jpg

v131.jpg

v22.jpg

Our photos will follow shortly!

I can't take credit for the pumpkin, only the gnome :)

Here are a few pictures from the weekend:

Black and White photo of Vortex Early Friday Morning

EarlyMorningVortexBlackWhite.jpg

Shagman and I made it back to Morrison Friday afternoon. We both agreed it was like visiting an old friend...a few Morrison shots:
JoshMorrisonCavern.jpg

MorrisonShadowDiver.jpg

Some ScubaBoarders exiting the water on Sunday: See Bugman's report to identify the divers.

MorrisonDive.jpg

An awesome angel fish at our Panama City Jetty dive Saturday morning.
PCJettyAngel.jpg

And Cypress Spring....what can you say....just a Beautiful place to dive.

CypressAbove.jpg

CypressCavern.jpg

CypressEntrance.jpg

CypressPlants-1.jpg

CypressRun.jpg

CypressRun2.jpg

CypressSpider.jpg

Enjoyed meeting many new ScubaBoard friends, and putting a face with a name.

Looks like alot of fun pictures and I do have to say the beer mug hat made me look FABULOUS LOL! I am such a mess...but it was sure fun! It was great partying and diving with everyone!!!

Carolyn:shark2:

Last edited:
Wish I could have been there. Unfortunately, some nasty illness decided to take hold of me last week and put me out of commission through Sunday, with Friday and Saturday being the 2 worst days! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. I'm hoping to be healthy during the next panhandle happening.

We had a great time! We got to meet and dive with a bunch of great diver's. It was great to see all of you and hope to see y'll again at SpingFest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom