Vortoberfest 2007 Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couple more pics

Don't worry, I resized mine :wink:

Gonna work on the dive reports now... Ugh!

BillJim191.jpg

The guy on the right looks NAKED - no camera :rofl3:.

Well Clay sounds (and looks) like ya had fun. Hate that I missed out but I had things to do and people to kill. Maybe next year.

C ya

Thanks for all the great pics!! At least I got to see what I missed!!

Finished the reports!

I gotta thank Shane here for improving Vortex up to this point. Camping wasn't a hassle and the normal hooligans weren't up and out keeping me worried about my stuff dissappearing. Hopefully Vortex will continue to provide us with a divesite and basecamp. Looking forward to future improvements as well!

Vortoberfest was great! It was very neat getting to meet everyone and put faces to names. We got there Friday night for the big dinner at Sally's and enjoyed some good food and company. Saturday morning, we got up and went to Morrisons and did two dives there, then went to Vortex for a few more. I got to do my first night dive Saturday night, which was awesome! I had been nervous about it, but I ended up loving it. At one point, Kevin started pulling on my head and I was wondering why he was pulling my hood off, lol, and then he signaled me to feel my head and my mask strap had come off! I remembered all the threads about masks and people saying they'd stay on even with the strap really loose or off if they fit right and I just thought, "Huh, so it will stay on. Cool." I pulled the strap back on and we went back to our dive. Kevin's teeth were bothering him, so he didn't get to dive Sunday. :( I did two, but by the end of the second one, I was freezing, so came up early and we headed out after saying goodbye to everyone. I finally managed to figure out my bouyancy, which I was really proud of, and just had a great time all around. I can't wait for next year!

Thanks, Snep! It was awesome. I learned a lot in just that one short dive.

I really had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone,great diving,great food and great people,wished i had remembered my camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom