Vortex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just shoot me a line when you have a free weekend, the Miss Jellyfish will fit 3 if we pack light - Its a quick ride back without gear and passengers during the SI to pick up full tanks and pack away the empties.

My only stipulation is we gotta make 2 dives, its not worth the effort in setting up the boat and packing it back up for a single plunge. :)

...and for the record, War Eagle!

Why stop at 2 - a fifty will last a couple of three dives in Cypress...

I should have stated, atleast 2 :) Its not uncommon for us to kill the remainder of a tank at Becton after making 2 at Cypress.

2, oh yes, at least 2. When do you want to go? I'm in. Tell me about Becton...P.M. me if you want. Not heard of that one...unchartered territory is sweet!

Becton is a smaller lower flowing spring with milky water a bit further down Holmes Creek. Its usually flooded, but when the water levels are low it can be a fun way to waste the remainder of a tank.

Pick out a weekend in April, I'm 'booked' till then :)

Matt

The last time I was in Becton (AKA Big Ugly) it was only about 15 feet deep and the water from the creek stained it. I heard that Harold got arrested for digging it out. Is the spring any deeper or clearer now?

TT

I hit 30' the last few times onsite, while its not exactly clear compared to Cypress upcreek, it gets to be a milky blue color with up to 30' of visibility when water levels are low. Its definately been dug up some, the limestone pulled up is piled in a straight line starting at the main vent and heading directly outwards. Even dug to the point that its at, its still a completely OW dive as there is no overhead and the vent isn't large enough for a tank, much less a person, as far as I can tell. Safe, easy dive if you don't mind the milky visibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom