Vortex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Primdrumma

Registered
Reaction score
I live in Wyoming, but flew down to NW Florida to visit my ailing grandfather. My brother in-law wants to take me to vortex to dive, but I don't have any gear or my c-card w/me. How strict are they on checking for your card, both for park entry or renting gear? I dove there only once while my wife was getting certified, but that was in 2001. I leave on Sunday, so theres not enough time to get my card sent from Wyoming. Thanks for any help guys!

They are pretty particular on admission, rentals would probably depend on how much gear you rent. The last time through I rented some weights to dive elsewhere and they only asked for a drivers license to secure it. There's good diving down the road at Morrison, which is a county park with no real facilities (perhaps a bathroom), the cavern is better IMHO, and there is no one there to check cards, dive at your own risk if you can get equipment. (Flags suggested as this is a live boat ramp too, IIRC its a legal requirement)

If you're PADI, your certification can be verified on-line.
They have a complete line of rental equipment.

the K

The best course of action would be to call 800-342-0640 and ask Connie or Erica and explain your situation. They will give you the answer right out of the boss' mouth and you won't be disappointed after driving up if they say no.

Yes, they DO check.

the K

Vis in the basin at Morrison will be iffy at the moment, but you might get 10-15' of brownish/green water to see through. Cavern will be pristine though.

Fish_Whisperer:
I'd like to dive Morrison. Last time we were down there, we were put off by a sign that read, "Snakes & Alligators May Be Present In Water. Swim At Your Own Risk." LOL
You believe this one?

It's a government legal move. Just don't go into the trees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom