Vortex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennedc:
"The best springs in life are free." For what it costs to dive Vortex, I'd rather be diving off a boat in Panama City in the cold, choppy gulf at this time of year. I saw no snakes or alligators there in October.

Please let us in on where you find a boat dive in the Gulf for $25. There were lots of snakes there - crawln round in my head.

Tom Smedley:
Please let us in on where you find a boat dive in the Gulf for $25. There were lots of snakes there - crawln round in my head.

The dive club I belong to from Enterprise does boat trips for members for $50 for 2 tanks. The way I see it, one tank was spent in the springs, so that was a value of $25 if you want to put it that way...there were no snakes or gators (THAT WE SAW) in Morrison that day. Probably won't do Vortex again. Been there...done that...was not too impressed for the price $25. Would rather spend $50 and an afternoon with my family on a bridge span or wreck in the gulf. I'm cheap, what can I say...again, "The best springs in life are free." Cypress was my fav until they closed to the public. I don't know anyone with a boat down there to get me to the spring, or I would still go. It was absolutely beautiful! Too bad.

Nobody checks for cert at Morrison because there is nobody at Morrison to check :)

Got boat, will travel to Cypress Springs - thats what these forums are for right? :wink:

SuPrBuGmAn:
Nobody checks for cert at Morrison because there is nobody at Morrison to check :)

Got boat, will travel to Cypress Springs - thats what these forums are for right? :wink:
Awesome! Keep us in mind. P.M. me sometime if you are planning on going. It's my fav!

bennedc:
Cypress was my fav until they closed to the public. I don't know anyone with a boat down there to get me to the spring, or I would still go. It was absolutely beautiful! Too bad.

Your profile says you are a Bama girl and you're cute. Bugman will take you to Cypress any time you want to go. Bugman is a nice guy like that.

Hope you're smiling -

Tom Smedley:
Your profile says you are a Bama girl and you're cute. Bugman will take you to Cypress any time you want to go. Bugman is a nice guy like that.

Hope you're smiling -
I'm smiling. "Bama girl," in the sense that I live in the beautiful state of Alabama. AUBURN, AL to be exact. (Insert WAR EAGLE here!) My husband and I would love to go, Bugman.

Bama girl means that you are from Bama. Where is that place on the other side of Birmingham - could it be in Eastern Mississippi? The Eagle rules!! Do you know Wade??

Tom Smedley:
Bama girl means that you are from Bama. Where is that place on the other side of Birmingham - could it be in Eastern Mississippi? The Eagle rules!! Do you know Wade??
Why, yes...I know Wade! Had him for all of my courses. Love him. He is so funny. We had to do this thing called a "Bail-Out." Familiar with that? I almost drowned, wasn't pretty...but Wade coached me on and gave me Kudos for my persistance. I would not let him help me. Guess you can see...I am still living. What a small world. I have many stories with Wade in them, playing the role of himself.

I was in Cozumel at a fancy restaurant (for Cozumel that is) I looked up and all that I saw was a bare *** in the window. I thought to myself - "Wade is here." Actually my shop in Montgomery is Adventure Sports II. A spinoff of Coach Washington, John, and of course Wade. Love them all.....

Yep, that's him. Would know that *** anywhere! Tell him Drue says hi for me, will ya. Man, I need to go diving BAD! Counting down the days til Blackbeards. We're totally off topic of this thread. Sorry!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom