Vortex 3-4-07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks suprbugman I appreciate the directions . Your posts are always informative.I utilize them frequently for the weekend dives.Does Cypress get affected the way Morrison does? Ill keep an eye out for when ya head over im always up for a dive.Thanks again.

Cypress pumps 96 million gallons a day, I've only seen it flooded(it was still blue, but milky) once with riverlevels at something like 14', which is considered extreme flooding.

You'll be fine this weekend at Cypress.

I don't own a boat, but out of curiosity.... what type of boat do you guys recommend?

I saw a $230 kayak at Academy, but I don't think it'd carry me (220lbs) plus 70lbs of gear LOL!!!

Optimally, I use my 10' Zodiac(inflatable) w/10hp outboard :)

Unfortunately, I jacked up the motormounts on a long camping trip while going through some roughass baywater. So I've been renting canoes from Vortex. My buddy has used an OceanKayak Scupper Pro to haul him and his gear. ClayJar, here at ScubaBoard, uses one of the SeaEagle inflatable kayaks - and he makes it just fine.

Hehe, the Bayou Marshmallow (an SE-330) can easily carry me, my gear, and two tanks, and it packs up a lot smaller than a Vortecanoe.

I dove Cypress spring two weeks ago and loved it. The creek was high and brown but when we turned the last bend the water turned blue as usual. It was as clear as I have ever seen it. I think I an still picking sand out of my hair from being blasted by the flow getting in to the cavern. BTW the canoe trip is a beautiful 30 minute trip, I think it is well worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom