Volunteer State Meet and Greet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utdivermatt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Its getting close to that time of year again. Everyone is pulling the gear out of the closets and starting to see what needs to be bought before the upcoming warmer months.

Surely everyone needs at least one good dive before the real warm months get here, so who is up for a meet and greet at Martha's Quarry?

For those who don't know, Martha's is a pretty large quarry, just outside of Nashville (Lebannon), and is great for all levels of diving. It stays pretty shallow (want to go deeper than 55ft? Bring a shovel), but still has enough challenge in the Houses to entertain more advanced divers. Itll still be fairly cold at this point, so neoprene will be a must, but its a great time for everyone to wash the dust off their gear and meet everyone else from this great state (and of course anyone else who wants to join). The central location means hopefully we can pull divers from all over the state; it is about a 3 hour drive from either end of the state.

Martha's opens in April, so we are looking for a weekend sometime in there, probably near the middle to end of the month. Anybody have suggestions for a weekend? I am willing to make a weekend of it (I will be there Sat and Sun for sure), who likes that idea? Or should we stick to just one day?

What does everyone want to do with this? Are we talking just a day of diving? Do we want food? Do we want to make a weekend out of it?

Remember, this is open to anyone who wants to come, experiance doesnt matter. We put together a small one last year, and had everything from experianced technical divers to beginning newbies. Its simply a time to meet others from the area and enjoy their company. Dont be afraid, none of us bite (except maybe Mike, he looks viscious). So how about it? Who is up for it? What dates work for you? Lets get this started!

I have been wanting to go to Martha's count me in, if it's the last part of April. The whole weekend sounds good too.

The weekend of April 7th or the 21st are free for me.
Ray

Hey, Matt! We might have to join you there sometime, too. My son is busy the first 3 weekends of April, but we will figure something out with you eventually.

Good UT game the other night on TV. Wow, thought Tenn guys were going to give up that lead - they nearly did.

We still want on your schedule sometime. Wife and I graduated from college in Nashville, and had band contests in HS at MTSU. That area up there is like our 2nd home. :)

Bruce

Lets give this a few days to allow people who dont stalk the board hourly (guilty) the chance to post some dates they are interested in. Looks like we are looking towards the end of April from those who have responded thus far.

Mike, are you going to grace us with an appearance? We know it is so very rare for you to dive, but at least you are good at finding website problems.

utdivermatt:
Mike, are you going to grace us with an appearance? We know it is so very rare for you to dive,.

I just got my reg back from service and it's ready to dive! so am I!!!

(now if the water would just get warmer!).

If I can wrangle free the weekend of this shin-dig, I'll try to make it.

mike_s:
If I can wrangle free the weekend of this shin-dig, I'll try to make it.

...which means youll probably find some lame excuse three days before? :D

Anyways, I went to your SEAS meeting, you better be at our area's meet and greet.

I'd love to, if y'all don't mind someone from just across the border (Florence, Alabama.) Any dates are good for me.

utdivermatt:
...which means youll probably find some lame excuse three days before? :D

Anyways, I went to your SEAS meeting, you better be at our area's meet and greet.

You don't give me very much credit there! I can come up with a lame excuse a lot faster than just 3 days!

slbrous:
I'd love to, if y'all don't mind someone from just across the border (Florence, Alabama.) Any dates are good for me.

Hey... welcome to SB from another diver just down the road from you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom