Visual reference on anchor line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smache

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what I can attach to the anchor line that will serve as a visual reference while switching gases, etc. I'm imagining some kind of giant clothespin, but haven't seen any products that seem like they would work. Anyone have any suggestions?

Are you scared of not being able to hold your depth?

Is that for practicing in an inland site? Just attach a double ender on both ends and twist it on the rope …

Would these work?

We use them for line cookies. Not sure how big your anchor line is.

Why do you think you need this?
Are you scared of not being able to hold your depth?

Is that for practicing in an inland site? Just attach a double ender on both ends and twist it on the rope …
All of my technical training has been in Florida caves, so deco in open water is pretty new for me. It seems like attaching a temporary reference to the line would be easier than constantly keeping one eye on my computer, but if this is a bad idea, I'm happy to hear why.

If you don't feel comfortable holding a stop in midwater just watching the anchor line, or if the current is ripping, you can just hold the anchor line. It's pretty easy to do gas switches or reg stows with one hand. Just might need a little practice.

but if this is a bad idea
just one more small thing to keep track of. Also, if the current is ripping and you find you need two hands, just throw your arm around the anchor line and hold it in the crook of your elbow.

All of my technical training has been in Florida caves, so deco in open water is pretty new for me. It seems like attaching a temporary reference to the line would be easier than constantly keeping one eye on my computer, but if this is a bad idea, I'm happy to hear why.
If I don’t feel confident holding a stop, I would not do a deco dive straight away?

If you are in a pinch you can always grab the line temporarily?

I'm trying to figure out what I can attach to the anchor line that will serve as a visual reference while switching gases, etc. I'm imagining some kind of giant clothespin, but haven't seen any products that seem like they would work. Anyone have any suggestions?
Jon line. Works well on ascent line in ripping current when crowded as well as other uses. Kind of like using a reef hook on the reef in ripping current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom