Question Visual Inspection Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passedoutwookie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As my stable of tanks has grown, doing my own visual inspections sounds more and more attractive. It looks like TDI offers a course and course materials are about $40. What has everyone else paid for their in person portions of this course?

I teach an online PSI-PCI visual inspection class each month. Cost is $325 per person for the 8 hour class. You can email or pm me if interested.
Myles

What about renewals? Remind me? Abbreviated class? Same class?

Psi certs have a 3 year expiration. If you are within your three years, you can do the online update training which is about a hour long and it refreshes you for another 3 years. If you exceed your expiration date, you have to sit through the full VCI class again. But most (including me) do this for a discounted rate, and you don’t have to do the hands on portion again.

So the hour-long renewal is not an instructor-led online class? A self-study online offering?

Apology to POW for taking his thread off course.

So the hour-long renewal is not an instructor-led online class? A self-study online offering?

Apology to POW for taking his thread off course.
It’s offered as both. You can do it I. The recorded self paced version, and Many instructors also do a In Person version via a platform such as zoom.

Back
Top Bottom