Visiting Seattle next week....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Better yet if you want to hop in the boat on the 28th e-mail me. I will be out of town from the 23-26 but will check e-mail before and after.

I'll be out of town on the 28th, but let's try and get together at some point. I wouldn't miss a boat dive with that crew for anything.

-Doug

Shoot, I looked at tides for the 28th, and they are awful. There's a slack at 10:50, but it's a big exchange. I simply don't know the boat diving sites well enough to know if anything would be good to dive that day. (I always depend on the charter captain to know these things -- if rjack were home, I could ask him, but he's still in Mexico as far as I can tell.)

There are certainly sites you can shore dive with those tides, and maybe we should stick to that. Donnie, you'd be welcome to join us!

depending on how many dives you want to do you we can always dive the Alki fishing reef at 10:15 go hit the boss on Bain Bridge then cruise back to the ALki Pipe line for a third.
or down south there is desmoines wrek, tolmie island barges and time pending cruise clear down to Z's reef. from Redondo to Z's reef is about 45 min pending weather. If it's calm i can do 30 if it not it usually slows me down to 15-20 for comfort.

TSandM:
Shoot, I looked at tides for the 28th, and they are awful. There's a slack at 10:50, but it's a big exchange. I simply don't know the boat diving sites well enough to know if anything would be good to dive that day. (I always depend on the charter captain to know these things -- if rjack were home, I could ask him, but he's still in Mexico as far as I can tell.)

There are certainly sites you can shore dive with those tides, and maybe we should stick to that. Donnie, you'd be welcome to join us!

Shore dives work for me.

I would like to dive Edmonds at least once while I'm there. Any info on what day would be good for that?

Hey if you trailer the boat up to Everett you can do Hat Island. It's not current sensitive. If you have a depth sounder, just be south of the cliffs on the south side of the island. Get into about 50' and look for the artificial reefs. There are loads of them. PM Uncle Pug for details as he knows the site better than the back of his hand.

We can do Edmonds on the 28th, no problem. We just want to be careful about our timing. High tide, and slack, are about 11 am.

TSandM:
We can do Edmonds on the 28th, no problem. We just want to be careful about our timing. High tide, and slack, are about 11 am.

Perfect, just tell me when to be there :D

OE2x thanks for the heads up on Hat Island I have yet to diver there I don’t know where I will be diving yet over that weekend but suspect I will be in the water everyday. As soon as I know I will be up in Everet I will PM Uncle Pug for details. Between the GPS and fish finder it shouldn’t be hard to find.

Doug I most likely will have the boat in the water all weekend and it’s usually in the water one day every weekend feel free to PM me if you would like to join us. There is a good chance I will either be in Anacortes or Hood Canal over the New Years weekend. It’s really going to depend on weather.

TSand M thanks for the invite to join you guys but since I got the boat earlier in the year I guess I’ve gotten lazy the swim at Edmonds doesn’t hardly seem worth it any more. I will keep an eye on here and if you do a weeknight evening dive down towards Seattle I would like to take you up on the offer to come dive with the group.

Donnie-

I guess the big, unasked question, is what kind of boat do you have . . .

I may someday buy a boat for around here, it does seem like the best way to take advantage of all the diving locally, and there are some surf spots in the strait that I hear are actually pretty good, but can only be reached by boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom