Visiting Seattle end of December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glycerin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone,

I'm going to be visiting the Seattle area at the end of December (24th-30th). I was wondering if anyone can recommend some good dive chaters or sites. I'm OW certified so I would like to find the best dive sites for this level.

Thanks in advance

See what Rick's got going out ...

http://www.banditocharters.com/bandito/

... or, perhaps, some of us locals can take you for a spin around Edmonds Underwater Park or Cove 2 ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'd second the recommendation for Rick at Bandito Charters.

Edmonds is way too kewl to miss... unless Rick can take you to Sunrise off Gig Harbor! That's pretty steller too.

PM me. we'll see if we can't arrange to get you out there with a good dive buddy who can show you around some of the sites and introduce you to some of the local critters properly.

Thanks for the quick respones. Edmonds sounds great, I'll be in Lynnwood so its fairly close. I'm hoping to get at least 2 good days of dives in. PM's on the way

Sunrise by land or by sea.. Both are excellent. My dive buddies and I refer to it as our petting zoo.. So many critters to see hanging out and being free.. much better than the zoo.

I third the vote for Rick and Bandito's. I have never had a bad trip with them.

Edmonds is good, there is a lot to see there, but its pretty shallow (may be a plus for you). Lately my dive buddies and I have been diving with a group of seals just after sunset at Cove 2 over in West Seattle/Alki. You also have the entire Seattle downtown skyline view from there, spectacular views especially if you're visiting.

funkyspelunker:
Edmonds is good, there is a lot to see there, but its pretty shallow (may be a plus for you). Lately my dive buddies and I have been diving with a group of seals just after sunset at Cove 2 over in West Seattle/Alki. You also have the entire Seattle downtown skyline view from there, spectacular views especially if you're visiting.
Ah ... so you've met Junior and Mom. They're here for the winter, so you'll have plenty of chances to get to know them rather well before next spring ... when they head back off to wherever they disappear to for the warmer months. There are other seals in the cove, of course ... but these two seem to be quite fond of divers ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

WAY too fond of divers. They are a menace when you are trying to take a photo.....

Well, prior to last night the past few dives at Cove 2 the only thing I saw was seal-induced silt tornadoes ... so last night I decided to just leave the camera home.

Wouldn't you know it ... didn't see Junior all night, and only got a couple quick glimpses of Mom.

However, we DID see a beautiful stubby squid, three market squids (one with a shrimp in its mouth), a giant red dendronitis nudibranch, a few clingfish, a juvenile snailfish, several warbonnets, many gunnels, and a moon jelly that just hung out in front of my face for about two minutes ... would've made for some lovely macro shots!

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, you saw the good stuff only because you didn't take your camera. It wouldn't have been there otherwise. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom