visiting Oahu; need advice/opinions/buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knight1989

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ok, visiting Hickam for 2 weeks untill the 4th of Sep and desperatly need to get some diving in while Im down here. Brought all my gear minus tanks and weights. Questions:
Where is a good place to rent tanks and weights for while im here?
What shop would you guys recomend I go through to book a boat trip for next weekend?
Would like to see if anyone would be up for some shore dives as well, since I dont know the waters.

Yes I know Im sure I could search the posts to find all my answers, but Im lazy :D

I am military so have acess to any places on bases and am a Divemaster so have good experiance to handle any dives.

Thanks

Ok, visiting Hickam for 2 weeks untill the 4th of Sep and desperatly need to get some diving in while Im down here. Brought all my gear minus tanks and weights. Questions:
Where is a good place to rent tanks and weights for while im here?
What shop would you guys recomend I go through to book a boat trip for next weekend?
Would like to see if anyone would be up for some shore dives as well, since I dont know the waters.

Yes I know Im sure I could search the posts to find all my answers, but Im lazy :D

I am military so have acess to any places on bases and am a Divemaster so have good experiance to handle any dives.

Thanks

Might be too late, but I am diving the north shore with a couple of people in the morning. We are going to actually dive 2 different sites so it would be a good one for you. We are going to hit the trench first then move up to sharks cove and do dive number 2 there. You are welcome to come along if you get this and wanna come. You can call me if you want. I'll pm my number.

Jay

check the Sea Lancers Dive Club on Hickam (for any DoD and retirees)..
Sea Lancers Diving Club

they have tanks and weights for you.

plus, they're having a club dive this Saturday 0730 out of Hickam Marina.
two tanks.. on sites just outside Pearl Harbor.

Gabe Scotti at Kaimana Divers. I just returned from Oahu and did all my diving through him. Shore and boat. He took care of everything for me. All I had to do was show up. I don't know if I could have found a nicer, more competent guide for my first visit to Hawaii than him.

great, just got my rental car so Im now available to get anywhere on the island for dives

Oahu last week of October.

Only going to get one day of diving maybe 2 (if I can talk to my non-diving husband into letting me go.)

Anyone have suggestions on who to dive with or where to dive.

I am a working divemaster on Kauai. Lots of dives, both boat and shore. Will be bringing all my own gear, just need tanks and weights.

thanks for any info.

Oahu last week of October.

Only going to get one day of diving maybe 2 (if I can talk to my non-diving husband into letting me go.)

Anyone have suggestions on who to dive with or where to dive.

I am a working divemaster on Kauai. Lots of dives, both boat and shore. Will be bringing all my own gear, just need tanks and weights.

thanks for any info.

I dive with Ocean Legends out of Honolulu, a great shop with good people. I plan on getting in the water this weekend, let me know if your interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom