Visiting from California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow did anyone remember the question?
dont know if this helps but here goes anyway. well its a bet you wont be diveing north shore so dont worry bout that. in town you got the a b c companies. I say waikiki dive center.

I'm wearing a 5mm year-round (only a year old) and I have started wearing my 3mm farmer john under it now that temps are approaching low 70's.

I know many pro's wearing at least 5mm; with hooded vests and core warmers.

I ended up making a few calls and got booked on the Reef Pirates 3 tank dive on sunday morning. Thanks for all the suggestions and Scott, I might come buy and do a few shore dives with you. Depends on my schedule but thank you.

I'm really excited, its been a while since I've been able to go on vacation :)

When it comes to neoprene... more is always better- for me. For all of the girls that get cold out there, my best combo seems to be a 7mm merino wool lined suit, with a 5/3 hood- year round.

I might be the wussiest dive guide in Maui County waters and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Be proud and own your neoprene thickness!

I might be the wussiest dive guide in Maui County waters and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Be proud and own your neoprene thickness!

Do Not Sweat it. I dive on Kauai at an unbelievable Rate. I wear a 3mm Shorty under my Excel 7mm Full suit, at times still get cold. Although For the Past week I had just got a pair of Pinnacle Barracuda boots. Which are 7mm thick and I seem to be warmer UW. Maybe cause my tootsies are warm but anywho. Has any one tried the Pinnacle Kodiak 9mm w/ merino Lining. I am just wondering. I think that is next on my hitlist to get me thru winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom