• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Vision Inspiration CCR - a personal view

Discussion in 'Rebreather Diving' started by mattmexico, Jul 18, 2009.

1. mattmexico

mattmexico Nassau Grouper

# of Dives:
    yo all

I have posted a new article on our ProTec blog Protec Advanced Training Facility — Protec Blog in regards to my personal view and experiences on my Vision Electronics Inspiration e-CCR which resulted in a few modifications I have outlined in my article.

check it out if you like

greetings
    Matt

2. mattmexico

# of Dives:
    yo

some images I thought be nice...

Matt

Attached Files:

3. Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives:
    Matt,
    I just read your article on your inspiration,I liked it, it gave me ideas. Mine is a new unit and I want to add my backplate as well and change the air buddy. What a brick! I am wanting to mimic my standard harness as much as possible. How did you mount your plate? I am still using mine in the plastic box and have seen some after market hardware. would love any suggestions.
    Thanks Todd

4. Rick Inman

Rick Inman Advisor ScubaBoard Supporter

Nice article, Matt!

I just got my first ccr in April, an Inspo Classic with newer Hammerhead electronics. I've made a ton of mods myself, including BP/wing, BOV (JJ-CCR), and DIY travel case made from a sewer pipe (RebreatherWorld Thread), plus a bunch of other minor stuff. I really enjoy seeing other people's mods, like the ones you have made.

5. muddiver

muddiver Divemaster

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    If you had used the purple PVC pipe instead of the blue you would have a great conversation piece because most of the purple pipe had "Reclaimed Water - Do Not Drink" printed on it. :D

Plus you can be a Dork CCR Diver with purple.

6. Rick Inman

Rick Inman Advisor ScubaBoard Supporter

Now you tell me...:wink:

7. mattmexico

# of Dives:

hello Todd

On the steel frame I have a middle bar wih lots of hole s allowing me to mount the wing and backplate at any position. On my old classic Inspo I had a ss plate as well mounted on the plastic box mounts. I had to drill new holes into the backplate to have the unit riding higher up on me and not be so low.

greetings
    Matt

8. mattmexico

# of Dives:
    hi Rick

nice looking unit, congratulations

Matt