Visa for Oman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've searched all over the internet and can't figure it out so I'm coming here to ask you guys. :D I need a Visa for when I go to Oman. I'm a Canadian, and apparently we don't have an Oman Embassy here...how on earth do I go about obtaining a visa for Oman?

Also, do I need a visa for Dubai? Not sure on that one. Also, any cheap cheap cheap places to stay there? looking for an affordable hotel or even hostel, that is cheap but also somewhat decent. :D

And while I'm here, wetsuits...I'll be in Oman in May, if all goes as planned...and I get cold very easily...will a 5mm be enough or should i go for the gold and get a thicker suit (7mm or even semi dry)? Or heck, should i just bring my drysuit along with me? i get COLD. I'm not kidding.

Anyway, thanks for any info.

Hiya,
Nope, as Canadians you don't need to apply for a visa in advance (as things are now, they could change) neither for Oman nor Dubai. If you're planning multiple entries there may be visa fees involved.

about the cheap hotels...what is cheap?

wetsuit...in may...even if you get cold, coming from Canada a 3-5mil will be more than enough...(and trust me - I get cold too....)

about wetsuit - i was in november, it was 28'C, i had 3mm short and it was still hot for me

and if you need visa(IanT knows better than me) you will anyway get it on the airport like i did

The problem is that some nationalities need a pre-approved visa before they show up. At some airports the check-in personnel ask about a visa before departure (it's in their instructions), even though it isn't needed because you'll get it at the airport just like you said...

And things change...in the late nineties, Australians couldn't get driver licences in Dubai...the reason was that a Sheik had been stopped and fined by Aussie police while visiting downunder...so he just his 'wasta' (=influence) to get revenge... hehe

to go back on-topice...I've been cold in the water the whole year and am actually thinking of buying a drysuit for the winter...but then...I dive in a 6mil when the water temp is 32C...

Cheers
/Ian

Thanks guys. So I just go pick up a visa once I arrive in Muscat. Makes it easy!

Oh, and Ian...by "cheap" hotels, I mean a room with a double bed for, like, $50 a night. I'm broke. :D But I don't want to stay in a scuzzy place either. 50 a night would be ideal, but if that just isn't possible anywhere, I can go to maybe 80 a night, but I honestly can't afford much more than that. there's gotta be a hostel or something for less than that. :D

Dubai is quite expensive when we talk about accomodation, Muscat you can find cheaper prices

for visas you can find some informations on these links:
OMAN , OMAN , DUBAI

well...if you go to Lonely Planet's website, they have some listed there... That price range is, like Cruz said, not enough for the majority of hotels in Dubai and unfortunately they raise the prices every now and then...

Muscat is no worry...I can help you with that...just give me some contact details and I'll set it up for you...though you are very early...they might not even accept bookings for May yet...

Let me know
Cheers
Ian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom