Visa for Oman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not in need of accomodation in Muscat...already got it. :D Thanks though! It's just Dubai I need. The Lonely Planet site did list a hostel, now it's just a matter of finding contact information for it!

Anyone heard anything about the Al Sharq Hotel in Dubai? It looks pretty decent...a bit pricey for me but if i budget in other areas of my trip, it may be possible. Anybody have any experience with this hotel, or hotels in a similar price range? Looking for a single room with a double bed.

Never heard of Al Sharq...where is it? Address or landmark? (that's how you get around in Dubai...streets usually don't have names so you use name of buildings, roundabouts or intersections to describe locations)...
Is it in Deira or Bur Dubai or somewhere else?

Cheers
Ian

ok, Sharjah...
I don't know whether this is important to you...but Sharjah is a 'dry' Emirate (meaning no pubs or bars).
If you want to spend time in Dubai (to be honest, after you have seen the Blue Souq and, possibly the Wild-life Sanctuary in Sharjah, there's basically nothing more to see or do there.. And that's my opinion - other people will tell you differently...

Most of the things to do or see are in Dubai (though if you don't like shopping, there's not that much...), the Gold Souq, Souq Kabir, the abras (taxiboats going across the creek), etc...
To go from Sharjah to Dubai can take anything from 30 min to 3 hours...taxi drivers often refuse to take passengers from one to the other because of the time involved. Be ready for some serious traffic jams.

Other than that...well..it's different...

Cheers
/Ian

I didn't see any interesting thing in Dubai, Muscat you can see much much more

Oh, ok. Thanks Ian. Sharjah is out then. We only have a couple days here so best to milk whatever we can from it.

Heard of Florida Hotel Dubai? I can't find pricing on it on their website, but lonely planet put it in the "budget" section of their website, and it looks decent enough.

Kruz, we're spending most of our time in Muskat :D

Nope, never heard of it...
If you check in Lonely Planet or if they have a web page, see if they are in the Bur Dubai or Deira areas, they are the most central ones...
Bur Dubai is south of the creek and Deira is north...going across the creek can take two hours if you're unlucky or if there is an accident...(and there are...geeesh...lots of 'em..)
Short taxirides everywhere (not that the taxis are expensive...)...

Cheers
/Ian

also visit other parts of Oman around Muscat, Nizwa for istance(great forts) and some wadis, nature there is really amazing

see my galery, i had 3 great diving days at Fahal and Daymaniyat Islands

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom