Virginia Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea, Maryland dive shops aren't the greatest. I have been to Columbia Scuba (where I got certified) and Scuba Hut.

Columbia is about three mins from my house, but I don't use them much any more. I will probably use them to certify my daughter because I had no problems with their class, but I don't think she'll be doing it in a bp/w... although she might. They are not technical in any way I can see, but are mostly nice people. I just feel like they gouge you for stuff. Plus, they only PP fill nitrox and you have to leave the tanks for a couple days.

Scuba Hut is about 20 mins from work or home. I am starting to use them for tank fills because they bank. There shop is not clean like columbia, but it has what I need. I've only started going, so the the jury is still out, but they've been pretty good so far. They are not a PADI shop though if that matters to you.

I took my AOW in Florida at Dixie Divers, which was quick and great. When I take my next course (rescue), I don't know where I'll do it...

Chris

Bill and Mark are the two most knowledgeable guys in diving that I have met. They certainly know their stuff to the tee.

No experience with VA Scuba as I've done nearly all of my trainign with Aquatic Adventures in Alexandria. The guys that I've taken classes from are hardcore tech/wreck divers and where also responsible for turning my wife and I onto the Hog - bp/w setup.

My guess is that your issue will boil down to who the instructor is. Not everyone buys into the bp/w setup, so make sure that whoever is teaching the class is not just friendly to the system, but also uses it themselves.

Cathan:
No experience with VA Scuba as I've done nearly all of my trainign with Aquatic Adventures in Alexandria. The guys that I've taken classes from are hardcore tech/wreck divers and where also responsible for turning my wife and I onto the Hog - bp/w setup.

My guess is that your issue will boil down to who the instructor is. Not everyone buys into the bp/w setup, so make sure that whoever is teaching the class is not just friendly to the system, but also uses it themselves.

Just out of curiosity, who was your instructor? Please PM me.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom