Viper Air looses link at 600 PSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airizzy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a new Viper Air that seems to loose the pressure signal consistently at about 600 psi. If it picks up again it sometimes gives unusual high pressure readings. I'm not to concerned because by the time I reach 600 psi I am usually well on my way out of the water. However, If it isn't working right I would like it to.

Hi Airizzy,
Sorry for the delayed response. We're still trying to catch up from the So. Cal. power outage.

If the Vyper Air does not register accurate PSI through out the dive then, yes, there is a problem. One possibility is that the transmitter could have moisture in it. Has the transmitter had any battery changes recently?

We recommend that you send the Vyper Air and Transmitter into one of our authorized SUUNTO repair facilities listed below for evaluation:

Suunto Repair
401 E Bearss Avenue
Tampa Florida 33613
Tel: 813-969-3483
Web Site: www.suuntorepair.com
Email: service@suuntorepair.com

Underseas Scuba Center
611 North Addison Road
Villa Park, IL 60181
Tel: 630-833-8383
Web Site: www.underseas.com
Email: service@underseas.com

If the unit is new and you are the original owner and it was purchased from an Aqua Lung dealer then it should be covered under warranty. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

The unit is new. I haven't had anything done to it at all it's exactly as it is out of the box. I bought it from a local dealer about 6 months ago. Should I have the dealer send it in or should I send it in myself.

You should take it back to your dealer and have them handle it for you. We apologize for the inconvenience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom