Info vintage SCUBA gathering and dive in memory of Bryan Pennington of VDH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

….just thought I would ‘Toss in’ some more White Star Quarry / Bryan Pennington ‘ Life Celebration’ Photos to whet the appetite. Hey, Y’all, come and join us next time. I Really had the ‘Best Time Ever’ …no lyin’

Scott G. Bonser
giantfroginthepool

Attachments

• IMG_1080.jpeg
    IMG_1080.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1088.jpeg
    IMG_1088.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1092.jpeg
    IMG_1092.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1091.jpeg
    IMG_1091.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1090.jpeg
    IMG_1090.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 76
Scott,

It was great meeting you... I feel bad that our conversation was cut short so I could go dive my Kraken... Next time, I'll pencil you in for a full hour if you can step away from your social obligations sir.....

Scott,

It was great meeting you... I feel bad that our conversation was cut short so I could go dive my Kraken... Next time, I'll pencil you in for a full hour if you can step away from your social obligations sir.....
Not a problem Sitkadiver. It was my pleasure to meet you as I am awed that you drove all of the way from Alaska just to join us. Yes, it is the first time for me with the VDH group as I am in contact with Rob, Allan, and Alec Pierce ( …where was he?? Cool guy from Brechin, ON..) ever since Rob did some target shooting w/Crazy Dave and myself in FL, he invited us to drop by his place in Dunellon, FL on Rainbow River ( that place has changed ( developed) since I dived in and drifted there.) I got to meet him and Barb for the first time since I started buying parts from TSM to overhaul my DHRs … Great Couple. That’s where he first mentioned to join everyone at WSQ for Bryan’s Life Celebration dive and gathering.

I reckon my ‘shock’ was the actual number of classes coming through all day crowding and clouding the water as I had my gear staged to get in and dive. Alas time flew. Instead of bringing exhibit gear, I need to be ready to dive in case the place is overwhelmed with divers again. Rob called it early and was ‘going under‘ when I arrived to get the best vis and minimal impact. Met lots of really cool vintage divers there and made some new friends (You, for sure, actually ALL of Y’all, like we say in North Carolina.) don’t be fooled…I am a transplanted ‘Buckeye’ born in East Liverpool, OH myself. It was the absolute Best Time I ever had, no lyin’ …too bad I couldn’t take Sunday off TO Dive as I had to make the daylong trek back to Harrellsville. Yeah and ‘They’ ( NC DOT ) was glad to see me and had my week booked w/inspections. BTW, I am not good with names…comes w/age I reckon, I of course am Scott. Please feel free to contact me. Oh, Kraken the ‘works’ for me now as I was unable to buy the one I believe Allan had on his table for sale. Another has surfaced looking for a good home…hopefully ME.

sgbonser@ncdot.gov or (252)-209-4788 text and V M welcome as well
Scott G. Bonser
242 Cullen Road
Harrellsville, NC 27942

Hey there Sitkadiver, ….don’t want to lose track of you. I am doing some asphalt testing for work near home and thought of you. I want to send video but I need e-mail. I am sgbonser@ncdot.gov.
BTW… I am getting a ‘Kraken Argonaut’ soon. I have made a deal w/seller and am due to purchase it in person in 2 weeks. Keep on divin’

giantfroginthepool
Scott G. Bonser from Gibsonburg B. Pennington memorial dive in August.

Bob [rhwestfall] and George [USdiver1] preparing to dive their Phoenix equipped Aqua Masters. A beautiful day.

George diving the Kraken at Gilboa on Friday.

Mark and Luis - we missed you, here's to doing a Coz / Roatan / Bonaire reunion with our DHs.
Hey You folks, a BIG Thanks for the pictures and feedback. I met so many Super-wonderful people there, but missed a lot of folks that I wanted to meet as well. …looking forward to more events in the future….BTW. ….sorry I wasn’t able to buy the Kraken at Allan’s display, but I am getting one in 2 weeks, papers, docccumetation and all. I ‘now’ can qualify as an official ‘Kraken-Head’ 😁🤔Yesssss!! Work keeps me focused, but the future is ‘boundless’..

Scott G. Bonser, the…giantfroginthepool….in the ‘anywhere wet, clear, warm & tropical…… Great Fun Everyone!!!

Hey there Sitkadiver, ….don’t want to lose track of you. I am doing some asphalt testing for work near home and thought of you. I want to send video but I need e-mail. I am sgbonser@ncdot.gov.
BTW… I am getting a ‘Kraken Argonaut’ soon. I have made a deal w/seller and am due to purchase it in person in 2 weeks. Keep on divin’

giantfroginthepool
Scott G. Bonser from Gibsonburg B. Pennington memorial dive in August.

Oh Man, You're gonna love the Kraken. They make great cold water regs.... hint hint......

I had a great time and met a ton of great people at the quarries. I do plan to be back but it will likely have to wait until 2025. I'll try to bring the family along and get them over to Cedar Beach for a couple days.

My email is nelsona38@hotmail.com

I'll be sure to share any future videos and photos as well.

Cheers,

Dave Nelson

Oh Man, You're gonna love the Kraken. They make great cold water regs.... hint hint......

I had a great time and met a ton of great people at the quarries. I do plan to be back but it will likely have to wait until 2025. I'll try to bring the family along and get them over to Cedar Beach for a couple days.

My email is nelsona38@hotmail.com

I'll be sure to share any future videos and photos as well.

Cheers,

Dave Nelson
….Ohhhhh Yes, Sitkadiver. I KNOW Bryan, Luis, Allan, Jerrie, Rob, Greg and ALL of the ‘Kraken’ R & D team thought of everything. ….not so much of a cold water diver anymore at my age but….you never know. 🤔

Dave, please send me your mailing address. I am keeping a ‘file’ of all of my SCUBA friends, both new and old, you, my friend, impressed me traveling as you did to be there with all of us…. Yeah, it was 1st time for me but now a ‘must do’ whenever possible. Rob and Barb were right… I met a LOT of really ‘Cool’ people who like to do what I do.

B T W, great smoked Salmon, etc.

Scott G. Bonser
the ‘Giantfroginthepool’
sgbonser@ncdot.gov
(252)-209-4788

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom