Vintage metal waist buckle, info wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the buckle on my twin 50s.

Attachments

• 43EC45DE-515E-453F-9369-CB5B3CD23D44.jpeg
    43EC45DE-515E-453F-9369-CB5B3CD23D44.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 76
This is the buckle on my twin 50s.

I assume those are Dräger?
I have a set of those with that same harness and buckles. Well, mine are decommission for right now, but I am still saving the bands and harness for a future project.

I assume those are Drager?
I have a set of those with that same harness and buckles. Well, mine are decommission for right now, but I am still saving the bands and harness for a future project.
It is from a Drager. The harness is too small for me and getting them through hydro would be problemati, so it display only.

here is a scuba pro from 1978 more or less. Not sure if it ever went into production. Was a gift from scuba pro back in the day

Attachments

• buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 57
I have a couple of depth compensating buckles in my spare parts bin. I don't have actual photos at the moment as I am on extended travel, but they are an older version of this picture swiped from google images:
1639846403741.png

I also have one of these SP buckles (again, sorry not my picture):

1639847178385.png

-Z

I have a couple of depth compensating buckles in my spare parts bin. I don't have actual photos at the moment as I am on extended travel, but they are an older version of this picture swiped from google images:
View attachment 696235
How does the depth compensation work?

How does the depth compensation work?
The buckle is manufactured with edges at the top and bottom (encircled in red) hollow. The part of the buckle with the area encircled in blue slides in the hollow edges and is pulled by springs to the shortened position...when putting on the weight belt the springs in the hollow edges are stretched so the buckle effectively shortens and compensates for compression of a neoprene wetsuit at depth:

1639848673624.png

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom