Vintage metal waist buckle, info wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm upgrading a single tank rig for myself based on a Freedom Plate. The years are moving me down from double HP100's.

I have several old salty 72s, a US Divers valve, regs, but I'm lacking a really 'cool' old metal waist buckle for 2" webbing. I'll use an old ScubaPro buckle if need be, but there must be something with more history on it.

I'm looking for both the history of such buckles and the buckle itself.

Anyone?

I'll have to plead the "Sam Cook" on the history-other than the non-pin version was our preferred buckle type over the pin & circlip version. The reason being, in the field it could be repaired with a pair of pliers if needed.

Anyway, your's for the asking is this Dacor buckle shown below next to a USD plastic model.
Dacor USD buckle.JPG
Dacor USD buckle inside.JPG

I have a vintage Scubapro buckle that i am using on my FP. Cast not pressed i think. i like it but not particularly attached to it. LMK if you're interested.

Attachments

• 20211211_094350.jpg
    20211211_094350.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20211211_094409.jpg
    20211211_094409.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 64
Sweet. Something from a friend, you can't take the shine off that buckle! :)

Now I'm interested in the history of metal buckles. Keep the thread alive, let it wander wherever...

The kam-ez-pacs and metal buckles are highly sought after four people trying to recreate movie accurate Boba Fett armor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom