Vintage Computer Repairs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abowie

Reaction score
I collect vintage dive computers.

I have just taken delivery of a Cyberdiver ll, made in 1981 by a Canadian company called Kybertec. It is an amazing thing for it's age and is !air integrated!

It seems to function BUT it needs to be calibrated. Does anyone have any leads they can give me about contacting someone who can help me with this?

And if you have a source for body O rings for a Hans Hass "Deco Brain" I'd love to take mine for a test dive.

Andrew Bowie
abowie@internode.on.net
www.users.on.net/abowie

One of the problems with the Cyberdiver II was its calibration system was too complex. I believe it was introduced in 1980, not 81, although your unit may have been built in 81. I don't believe it was a true air intergrated computer, although I could be mistaken, I think it merely displayed your tank pressure. It is my understanding this computer merely read the US Navy tables and did not actually operate in the way most computers do today.

Newtec (formerly Kybertec) introduced the Cyberdiver III in 1981.

You are of course correct on all counts Walter.

Do you have any idea how to calibrate the thing, or how to fool it into thinking it has been calibrated?

As an aside you were kind enough to refer me to a publication on the history of the deco computer a few months ago when I was trying to take an SOS Bendomatic apart (now successfully working, see ?http://www.users.on.net/abowie/bendo.htm .

I have recently fallen victim to the leaking motherboard capacitor syndrome which killed my PC and wiped my HDD. I lost the copy of the pdf I'd downloaded from an excellent US govt funded site that was called "Sea something or other".

Can you remind me what it was called please? And if you're familiar with the download site that would be useful as well.

I don't back up often enough either.

I don't have any technical information on the Cyberdiver II.

In case anyone is trying to find the Bendomatic on the web, keep in mind, that is a nickname. It's actually the SOS Decompression Meter. It was sold by Scubapro in the US.

You might try the American Academy of Underwater Sciences. I don't remember the website to which you refer.

Good luck, let me know if you find the website, it sounds interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom