Would You Recommend a Shearwater Peregrine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotcha. For your needs and wants, the Peregrine makes no sense.
Pricing also appears to be different. I only saw eBay pricing for the Crest. The Genesis version was around $300, and the Deep6 version was a little cheaper at $275. Really hard to go wrong with just about any modern dive computer. It just comes down to features and capabilities that the diver wants.

It's like anything really. I get people asking me why I bought a Perdix. My reply is because I wanted one. I don't think the OP needs to have his reasons for going with the Peregrine challenged by those who don't want to spend the money on one. Anyway he bought one now so all other answers are moot. :)

It's like anything really. I get people asking me why I bought a Perdix. My reply is because I wanted one. I don't think the OP needs to have his reasons for going with the Peregrine challenged by those who don't want to spend the money on one. Anyway he bought one now so all other answers are moot. :)
True. The only relevant question now is if the OP is happy with the purchase. And of course, if he has any questions on use.

Hope you are enjoying your purchase. Shearwater's are great computers, Since getting my own I'm a fan!! I think the Peregrine is a sweet choice for recreational divers. On my recreational dives I do enjoy the compass and the AI features of my Perdix but they are more of a luxury than a necessity.

Hope you are enjoying your purchase. Shearwater's are great computers, Since getting my own I'm a fan!! I think the Peregrine is a sweet choice for recreational divers. On my recreational dives I do enjoy the compass and the AI features of my Perdix but they are more of a luxury than a necessity.

I like having the compass. I also have a compass in my Olympus TG6 camera.

Gotcha. For your needs and wants, the Peregrine makes no sense.

Pricing also appears to be different. I only saw eBay pricing for the Crest. The Genesis version was around $300, and the Deep6 version was a little cheaper at $275.

Really hard to go wrong with just about any modern dive computer. It just comes down to features and capabilities that the diver wants.
I know what I need and want!
Why would I need to spend more on something which I have no use of? Blue Tooth, colour screen etc etc.
I travelled and dived a lot around SE Asia and honestly I could not recall the last time I saw a Shearwater in whatever model or even BP/W(except myself)!

I know what I need and want! Why would I need to spend more on something which I have no use of? Blue Tooth, colour screen etc etc. I travelled and dived a lot around SE Asia and honestly I could not recall the last time I saw a Shearwater in whatever model or even BP/W(except myself)!

No one is asking you to spend any money on anything so why keep mentioning it?
I see plenty of BP/W in SEA and some of my dive partners use them although I prefer my BCD.

No one is asking you to spend any money on anything so why keep mentioning it?
I see plenty of BP/W in SEA and some of my dive partners use them although I prefer my BCD.
Very simple: I gave my own opinion and experience. And so are you.

Very simple: I gave my own opinion and experience. And so are you.

The OP asked about would you recommend a Peregrine. I did recommend it. You did not recommend or say other wise as to why the Peregrine is not the right dive computer or address the Peregrines pros and cons. The OP wasn't asking is it too expensive and other dive computers which are cheaper do not have the nice large digital display and ease of changing battery.

All you said is you wouldn't spend the money which is not what the OP was asking. Anyway Peregrine it is for the OP who happily bought one. :)

@Centrals. I've been reading your posts, and as the OP, if you carefully read the title and content of my post, you may have a better understanding of my inquiry. As you've turned your comments inward about what you want and use, your comments serve no value to the conversation. Since I've received some great advice from other posters who actually own a Shearwater and I have now purchased the Peregrine, you may want to kindly redirect your attention to other things in life. Have a peaceful day.

I'm also looking for a dive computer. The Peregrine looks great, but is pretty pricey for its functionality. You'd be mostly paying for the Shearwater name & support. Aside from the screen and custom GF, it has pretty similar features to $150-$200 dive computers.

IMO it would be a great DC to buy used from someone that gets itchy to upgrade to a teric or perdix ai.

The Atmos Mission 1 is definitely worth a look at the $300 price point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom