Would You Recommend a Shearwater Peregrine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...The Atmos Mission 1 is definitely worth a look at the $300 price point.

Before the Peregrine came out, I looked at the Atmos Mission One. It is an attractive looking computer. It also has preset and custom GFs, and a color screen. It has a feature not available on the Peregrine, a compass. Currently, in the US, it appears to cost the same as the Peregrine, $450. In the past, I have seen it on sale for as little as $310, I've not seen that price for awhile, perhaps @nquinn knowns where.

Before the Peregrine came out, I looked at the Atmos Mission One. It is an attractive looking computer. It also has preset and custom GFs, and a color screen. It has a feature not available on the Peregrine, a compass. Currently, in the US, it appears to cost the same as the Peregrine, $450. In the past, I have seen it on sale for as little as $310, I've not seen that price for awhile, perhaps @nquinn knowns where.

I've seen it on sale between $310 and $350 regularly (Pirahna had it for that price for example). Looks like most are back to the $450 range now though.

I've seen it on sale between $310 and $350 regularly (Pirahna had it for that price for example). Looks like most are back to the $450 range now though.
Yes, the Piranha price of $310 was the lowest I've seen, last time I saw it was before Christmas

It also has GPS and displays text mesages. And a step counter ;^)

I have 60 dives and 24 hours of bottom time on mine.

Just bought the Shearwater Peregrine for $496 US which is OK at $645 AU in Australia.
The Aqualung i450T is now my backup and my bottom timer is now in the spares box.
There is one square in this box I call BINGO.
SB_bingo.jpeg 1.jpeg

Thanks to doctormike.

Shearwater are unbelievable computers.
You won’t go wrong. And if there are any issues their customer support is next level.

my Nerd2 on my ccr had a fogged screen. I emailed shearwater at 9 pm Wednesday the dec 29th got a work order and dropped it off Thursday the 30th at noon and it was ready
At 1030 am dec 31
I couldn’t believe the turnaround time for peak pandemic holiday season.

I currently have 4 shearwaters and very happy with the computers and unbelievable customer service.

Shearwater are unbelievable computers.
You won’t go wrong. And if there are any issues their customer support is next level. my Nerd2 on my ccr had a fogged screen. I emailed shearwater at 9 pm Wednesday the dec 29th got a work order and dropped it off Thursday the 30th at noon and it was ready At 1030 am dec 31 I couldn’t believe the turnaround time for peak pandemic holiday season.

I currently have 4 shearwaters and very happy with the computers and unbelievable customer service.

One thing I see is that people who have devices out of warranty with Shearwater are still treated as being under warranty.
Suunto refused to my Vyper when the pressure sensor failed which Suunto knew had problems. Won't ever being recommending Suunto to anyone.

uunto refused to my Vyper when the pressure sensor failed which Suunto knew had problems. Won't ever being recommending Suunto to anyone.

Whereas Suunto replaced teh pressure sensor in my EOn Steel which was out of warranty for free and exchanged my (4) tank pods numerous times (had a total of 15 pods) in order to fix an issue which after lots of investigation by them (and the dealer at this end) transpired not to be their issue - it's a long protracted story involving counterfeit batteries

So my Suunto experience is completely opposite, and it's even better with the change of regional distributor

Whereas Suunto replaced teh pressure sensor in my EOn Steel which was out of warranty for free and exchanged my (4) tank pods numerous times (had a total of 15 pods) in order to fix an issue which after lots of investigation by them (and the dealer at this end) transpired not to be their issue - it's a long protracted story involving counterfeit batteries So my Suunto experience is completely opposite, and it's even better with the change of regional distributor

Suunto got sued under a class action lawsuit so finally they were forced to replace pressure sensors for free. Before that they told people to bugger off.

Suunto got sued under a class action lawsuit so finally they were forced to replace pressure sensors for free. Before that they told people to bugger off.

That was a US class action only, does not apply outside that area

My Sensor change was prior to all of that so my example is still valid. Sorry.

Generally people don't get to speak to the manufacturer, just their regional agent. some are better than others, although in my tank Pod case I was talking directly to the Dev team in Finland who are very nice and super helpful

Back
Top Bottom