Viking Rubber Drysuits, good for recreational diving too?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3D; How's the range of motion? I'm diving a whites fusion tech that is too small now and it's got poor range. But it was custom for someone else. Mr. X. I see you're a rebreather diver. I'm working up to it and I don't want to build up too much CO2 if it makes too much drag. Is this a legit concern, or am I over exaggerating?

A too small drysuit is always an issue. It'll never give you the freedom of movement needed...unless you send it out for alterations which is always a bit expensive. As per CO2 and a vulcanized suit - not too relevant as there are other factors/variables (scrubbber/loop design/cardio) involved with C02 than restrictive movement in a drysuit. The deep tech work is always slow & deliberate. Ultimately, the jobs which we were using the vulcanized suits for were contaminated water work - like crap, oil or other. The rebreather is not your best tool in these circumstances as cleaning up the kit is a complete pain. Much better with surface supplied, or OC which other people can clean & hose your stuff off. Bunker oil is a pain to get off anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom