Video: Sunday Breakwater Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a lot to see and the wall is really a multi level dive with different critters at each level.

That's so true. I've done so many dives that are just nose-to-the-sand-wall-interface, whereas there's an entirely different ecosystem just a few feet above me.

Another great video! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Don! I'm still jealous at the big scooter dive (one of these days).

Wonderful video . . . my favorite scene is the one with the diver looking out into the blue rockfish. I loved it, because I love doing exactly that when I am down there.

What was the soundtrack, Kenn? I recognize it, and like it, but can't bring to mind precisely what piece it was. It was perfectly for a long, leisurely dive.

Thank you Lynne! I'm a huge sucker for big schools of fish, they're shimmering, extremely dynamic and have such a "super-organism" quality about them.

The soundtrack is from The Perfect Storm, I think the track is called "Coming Home from the Sea."

Awesome video Kenn! I love the scene with the diver looking out at the rockfish too.

Hmm, I think the only video from Sunday that I am allowed to post is a 3 second clip of a Dendronotus iris :p That's too bad -- the conditions at the Breakwater were stellar.

Great video. Makes me regret a bit the fact that I left my previous employer where I came to SF area about twice a year and could drive to Monterey for a dive. I am jealous!

I love the breakwater. I just showed my mother this video so she could see what I do. I sort of wish there was a Bunny DVD Set so I could have SCUBA videos running in the background like I used to do with skate and surf videos in high school.

Hope Gombessa doesn't mind me crashing his thread, but thought I'd post these photos and another short video from the same dive instead of starting a new thread. This has to be one of the best days at breakwater that I've had in my limited experience.

I'm new to underwater photography so the photos aren't too stellar.

[vimeo]18036886[/vimeo]

Hope Gombessa doesn't mind me crashing his thread, but thought I'd post these photos and another short video from the same dive instead of starting a new thread. This has to be one of the best days at breakwater that I've had in my limited experience.

Wow... very nice It's really interesting to see the 2 perspectives.

I'm new to underwater photography so the photos aren't too stellar.

I hate you......

10-15 Ft? Vis looks much better! Very nice videos Ken & Erik. Thanks for sharing!

I would say viz is 30ft?

Erik's video is incredible, I loved every second of it!

I'd say viz was about 15-20ft. It was very bright, and we were quite shallow for most of the dive so it was a particularly pleasant 20 ft :)

Erik's video is incredible, I loved every second of it!

Wow,

I have to agree with you completely... I am running HD on my new laptop and while visiting my family in Florida, yes Florida I'm watching video of you guys in our waters, the video is just spectacular....

I blew it up all the way and since I'm on a fast server, it streamed just beautifully and I showed my family our waters...

Thanks for sharing, ps what camera do you have to get that video? Is it the little camera you always dive with or did you get a larger toy?

Thanks,
MG

P.S
Ken your video was smooth as always, thanks for sharing...

Back
Top Bottom