Video: Sept 5, 2009 at Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also got to see my first mountain lion in the wild across the road from Fort Ross. I have waited my whole life for that moment..

Wow! In daylight? Beautiful - I saw one years ago out in death valley. Very spectacular moment :)!

(Nice job of hijacking the thread there Peter...:wink: )

Watching the video again I have to say I have to slow down my handsignals a bit... funny that Doc and I understood each other... so I guess I wasn't that fast :wink:

Don't worry, the don't like DIR divers. Too much hose in the way :wink:

To clarify, I am not DIR. I do follow many of the protocols and gear configurations, and strongly believe in being the best buddy I can be, along with always trying to improve my diving skills. I also like my computer and Sea-Cure :shocked2:

Ben, you are just jealous :D

Ya still got a 7' hose :D

OT: Mike, you may not know it, but I think this underscores a lot of the current animosity some have with DIR--random long hosers look to the rest of the world like DIR types, and their actions unintentionally get attributed to DIR. There's a thread floating around SB right now where some bp/w dude with no DIR affiliation whatsoever is going around calling people the s-word. :shakehead:

Getting back to Peter, I say the problem can be easily solved if we all grab our torches and farming tools, and march up to Santa Rosa to paint his long hose pink. :D

OOOT: I was simply trying to make a funny about the amount of hose. Tis all

That wasn't directed at you Mike, just highlighting the issues of dealing with some of the baggage that the label carries. :)

Ya still got a 7' hose :D

Yes and I even know how to use it! Practicing drills and skills makes a diver safer for both him/herself and their buddy.

Have you seen my drysuit? It is not black by any means. Red or orange would be a better description. (Another misnomer of the DIR legend that everything has to be black).

Seems even the DIR crowd is trying to disassociate themselves with the stigma of the word that starts with an "S".

As to pink...well I do not want to be like Ben :lotsalove:

Yes and I even know how to use it! Practicing drills and skills makes a diver safer for both him/herself and their buddy.

Have you seen my drysuit? It is not black by any means. Red or orange would be a better description. (Another misnomer of the DIR legend that everything has to be black).

Seems even the DIR crowd is trying to disassociate themselves with the stigma of the word that starts with an "S".

As to pink...well I do not want to be like Ben :lotsalove:

Perhaps they were just members of a crew team? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom