Video: Nettle madness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it would hurt a great deal to dive with sea nettles while not under the protective gear of a 7mm or drysuit...

Next thing you know you are on the bottom of the sea with a bat star attached to your forehead, ooch!!! Don't even want the thought to cross my head....

I was stung at the break water on my cheek and it felt like electrical current on my face. I managed not to call the dive but by the end of the dive I had a grill mark across my cheek.

I would have been severely stung on my lips, but because of the lip shield on my regulator I evaded such an attack.

The lip shield has to be one of my best investments in scuba diving at only $15 dollars it not only keeps my lips from freezing but also from anything foreign making contact.

No special tools to put on and if you want it off, it pulls right off with a simple yank in the water if needed.

Here is a pic:

2qas9de.jpg

Combine this hood

lgvOZtcb6V1synjNDb3V7-t-68eWT4DGpk_b2YYEj5txYVH-B8olK5auebWnKExMAso3yv0-pSpeizpjQauI1e_EbP_kuS9CBLIb9kxTFchPevFs10U1Pq_6xhgxGZKouY_wpDZx1GeREAz20m5yZIPxTPDGvV02I9KqIvyPPMnhsqBbMY1kvn47F5FSJILVexb4exAzpVCMtKf3Gz3asVxkL5q7j7EAeaDiid0

with Mikes lip guard and your all set!

I think it would hurt a great deal to dive with sea nettles while not under the protective gear of a 7mm or drysuit...
"The Santa Cruz native began his swim without a wet suit, but about two hours into the swim jellyfish stings, which forced Chase to quit his attempt across the bay last year, had him putting on a suit.Chase said after the swim that he had to swallow his pride by putting on the wet suit, but that he wanted to finish the swim because it had become such a community event.Also, Chase and his crew had originally expected to reach Monterey between 2 and 4 p.m., but the jellyfish stings slowed down his strokes toward the end."

Marathon Swimmer Makes It Across Monterey Bay - Central Coast News Story - KSBW The Central Coast

14 hours to swim from Santa Cruz to San Carlos Beach, Monterey is an incredible expedition... Nettles beware the power of human perserverance...

Back
Top Bottom