Video - Jan 5 dive at Point Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's been a few weeks since my last dive, and probably a few months' since August's, so we wanted to make this one count. I think it did! No excessively friendly seals or aggressive sea lions, but a lot of area covered (like, hundreds and hundreds of feet), and the most reversed visibility profile I've ever seen at Lobos (clear as glass at the ramp, dark and murky further outside of the Whaler's Cove).

[video=youtube;M3oJ5wRCvRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3oJ5wRCvRQ[/video]

Murky viz, uh-huh (says Lynne, remembering the ten dusty feet she was trying to keep track of a buddy in last night).

Love the bunny tummy at the end -- what was he so interested in?

Great to see Mr. Villao back in the water, too!

Murky viz, uh-huh (says Lynne, remembering the ten dusty feet she was trying to keep track of a buddy in last night).

I've forgotten how good we actually have it! We've been hearing reports of unearthly good visibility all week, so when Saturday rolled around I was starting to expect tropical conditions, and the ramp was really crystal clear. By the time we hit the sisters, it was maybe 15ft, which was surprising. The thing is, the sun was out and we still had some red/magenta at depth, which made it a very pleasant 15ft.

Love the bunny tummy at the end -- what was he so interested in?

They do flips and tricks for Craisins (dried cranberries), so we're teaching Rodney to stand up and take a few steps for them :) Making the most of their food-motivation.

Nice. You sure cover some ground with those scooters. Looks like you have the float dialed in.

Great video Ken... Thanks for letting me tag along.

If you ever want to test how good your undergarment is just dive with Team Bunny! I've forgotten how it felt like to do those long dives.

Way beyond my bladder range.
04.gif

Fixed it for you! :wink:
Great video Kenn... Thanks for letting me tag along.

If you ever want to test how good your undergarment is just dive with Team Bunny! I've forgotten how cold it felt like to do those long dives.

Kicking a 2 hour dive is one thing, scootering a two hour dive is a whole other :shocked2: I think argon might help, but heated undergarments would be nice!

Way beyond my bladder range.
04.gif
Y'all need a pee valve.

Ben, your "Facebook Snowflake shaming" may have worked...we are eyeballing the schedule for March...yo, Ken! Wanna give those Cudas a workout?

Hint:

(Interestingly, Snowflake makes a cameo in this video!)

All the best, James

James, our scooters can go to Montana, but it'll be a while before I can join it :)

March 2011 was really the weekend of dreams wasn't it? You guys must have brought Tahoe's visibility with you, so definitely give us a heads up next time you're in town :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom