video: diving at BH in May 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robin,

The place looks really packed is this a popular spot to dive in NM? And is this man made?

Aaron

Robin,

The place looks really packed is this a popular spot to dive in NM? And is this man made?

Aaron

It is popular on the weekends. Its a natural spring filled sinkhole. 85 feet deep. Bell shaped...Apprx. 80 foot diameter at the surface and apprx. 120 foot diameter at the bottom. Temp around 62 degrees. Its part of a cave system, but access to the caves is not allowed.

Robin,

Aaron

It is not man-made, but a fresh water spring and has had stairs and a retaining wall added for safety. It is fed by underground river connected to a massive cavern system which was explored by Cousteau before it was closed off by a grate to keep divers out (after several deaths).
I have been there on weekends when there was only 3-4 people there, and other weekends when there were 250+.

robin:D

Great video Robin. I was out there that weekend, I recognize some of the people in your group. Do you all usually park on the right side?

We don't have a regular spot, but we do try to get up by the hole if possible. My hubby has a big green truck with a shell on it. So if you see that, look for us around. :D He is teaching again this month, we should be over 26th-27th.

Dang, you're getting good at that!! Nice shooting and editing!!

I really like the Palau shark footage!!

He is teaching again this month, we should be over 26th-27th.

I'll be there then as well!! See you then.

thanks Kevin! And we will see you there!

Palau was tough for me, I was so amazed at the diving and wanted to look at everything. Quite a few times I just turned of the camcorder and just took it all in.... sharks everywhere, beautiful blue water, millions of fish... if you have never been, you gotta start planning now! But do a liveaboard, otherwise you won't get 5 hrs underwater each day with only 5 minute boat rides to the best diving ever. :D
If you haven't seen it, my trip report is here: Palau on the Eco Explorer - Dec 2007
photos: Palau on the Eco Explorer - Dec 2007

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom