Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

~15' at Ten Mile yesterday morning/early afternoon. We did two dives, current was zero for a bit, and very light the rest of the time. In the next couple days there are some good opportunities to get out to Ten Mile.

Last edited:
~15' at Ten Mile yesterday morning/early afternoon. We did two dives, current was zero for a bit, and very light the rest of the time. In the next couple days there are some good opportunities to get out to Ten Mile.

Would you say it was worth it (vis vs flora/fauna)? Realising, of course, that any dive is "worth it".

If you can get there on a good current day, Ten mile would be worth it with only 5' vis.

There is so much life there, you would be hard pressed to find a square inch that doesn't have some macroscopic animal on it. Most things are small, so you end up getting pretty close for a look and vis doesn't matter much. There is bigger life too, we played with a good sized GP Octo (and a small one), and we saw the largest Cabezon that any of us have ever seen, along with many buffalo sculpin, a brown irish lord and various rock fish. On a poor vis day, you would miss out on the panoramic views of the kelp forest, and the walls covered in Plumose, but you would see so much, I don't think you would feel you missed out.

Well looks like I have 20 teachers to smack up the side of the head for booking my school on what sounds like a great dive I had to miss.

Willis PT yesterday was a good 40ft under the 30ft surface layer.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom