Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to Willis Pt. this afternoon. Visibility looked promising in the shallows. I'd say it was 20-30 feet. My hopes were dashed when I swam below 20 feet deep. Here the visibility was about 10-15'. There were lots of small white bits in the water and most of the problem seemed to be from a never-ending swarm of tiny mysid shrimp. I went down to 110', but it wasn't getting any better. I hung around down there for awhile before heading back up to the bright shallows. Up there, there were large schools of perch, lots of moon jellies, and the usual gobies, crabs, etc.

I went to Willis Pt. this afternoon. Visibility looked promising in the shallows. I'd say it was 20-30 feet. My hopes were dashed when I swam below 20 feet deep. Here the visibility was about 10-15'. There were lots of small white bits in the water and most of the problem seemed to be from a never-ending swarm of tiny mysid shrimp. I went down to 110', but it wasn't getting any better. I hung around down there for awhile before heading back up to the bright shallows. Up there, there were large schools of perch, lots of moon jellies, and the usual gobies, crabs, etc.

Thanks Mark, I guess I didn't miss much but it would have been nice to hit the water.

Cheers

Al

Popped my cherry and dove the Saskatchewan today (first boat dive). Vis was 50+. Saw a 5-6' wolf eel out in the open.

Did you guys see the wolf eel on the second dive? We saw her aft of the mortar well below the main deck. You guys were just leaving as we arrived for our second dive.

We saw it on our second dive, midships on the starboard maindeck.

Dave, I was the guy who came in from a dive and said "where'd you come from?" when you were leaving Kens boat to go for lunch. I didn't know it was you till a bit later after talking to Ken a bit.

Popped my cherry and dove the Saskatchewan today (first boat dive). Vis was 50+. Saw a 5-6' wolf eel out in the open.
Once I get my son to edit the green out of the video of the eel, I'll post a link. It was pretty amazing to her (or so we're told) out like that on the deck, sunning herself.

We saw it on our second dive, midships on the starboard maindeck.

Dave, I was the guy who came in from a dive and said "where'd you come from?" when you were leaving Kens boat to go for lunch. I didn't know it was you till a bit later after talking to Ken a bit.

I would have stayed to chat but I was teaching a class so I was on the clock. Always have time for Carolyne's hot chocolate though. If I had stayed I might have mooched a piece of that pie that was sittiing on the counter. Let me know the next time you're out this way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom