Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a couple of dives in Saanich Inlet today. The first one was around Misery Bay/Christmas Point and it was nice and clear near the surface (maybe 30' vis), but below 20 feet deep it started to get murky. I went down to about 130' and vis was still only about 15 feet. There was lots of bits floating around. The second dive was at Elbow Point and it was clear in the shallows there too, but between 20 and 60 feet deep, vis was only around 10 feet. It started to clear up below that and by the time I was below 100', vis was maybe 40', but dark.

30-40' at the last section of the breakwater this morning.

We were gonna dive Brochie Ledge this morning but when we got there the current was already running too fast so we decided to dive Albert Head instead, the viz there was also 30 to 40ft.

Al

Henderson PT today, 20ft from 0 to 40ft under 70 feet it was an excellent 60 to 70ft.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom