Question Bangka Island help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My bad in this case...but salties are endemic throughout Indonesia. One washed up on Kuta Beach, Bali, recently. They've also been photographed near the Gili islands off Lombok. Won't stop me from diving Indonesia though :)
Did not bother to check the FACT. Pathetic.

Why Bangka is NOT suitable for new diver?
Did you just write it without anything to substantiate it?

Did not bother to check the FACT. Pathetic.

Why Bangka is NOT suitable for new diver?
Did you just write it without anything to substantiate it?
Why so nasty if somebody just makes a mistake, and admitted it already?

Why so nasty if somebody just makes a mistake, and admitted it already?
I am still waiting to hear why Bangka is NOT suitable for new diver.
Happened far too often with such a pathetic statement and with nothing to substantiate it.

At the moment the weather is still exceptionally pleasant for this time of the year. But most of the years we expect strong winds from the Northwest. You might take this into consideration to decide at which resort to stay at Bangka.
And indeed, according to the statistics, more rain the end of December and January. However, since we are situated at Lembeh Strait this does not affect the fun of the diving much for our guests.
Hi Indah, thanks for this! I’m looking at Bastianos or Murex last week of Dec. Just not sure how the weather’s gonna be, I’m not a fan of rain for the entire week I will be there :/ hence also the hesitation. I heard the dives there are pretty good even through the monsoon period. How about the current?

I was there in early December of 2019.
Water temperature was 28.
Excellent visibility.

It rained once for a few minutes.

There was no current at all.
Thanks! I’m hoping the weather’s going to be like that end Dec!

I am still waiting to hear why Bangka is NOT suitable for new diver.
Happened far too often with such a pathetic statement and with nothing to substantiate it.
I would not miss you when you ever would decide you want to leave this forum.

Hi Indah, thanks for this! I’m looking at Bastianos or Murex last week of Dec. Just not sure how the weather’s gonna be, I’m not a fan of rain for the entire week I will be there :/ hence also the hesitation. I heard the dives there are pretty good even through the monsoon period. How about the current?
Currents are very unpredictable here. Often even no correlation with the tides. But the guides know by experience: if there are currents here, we can dive comfortably there....

Thanks! I’m hoping the weather’s going to be like that end Dec!
Hi, OP, Did you decide between Bastianos Bangka and Murex Bangka? If so, which one and how was it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom