Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

20 - 30 feet at Oak Leaf yesterday morning. Heavy overcast, rain, and snow all contributed to reduced visibility.

Divegoose

About 30 feet of visibility at Madrona this morning. Was searching for a camera that another diver lost a couple of days ago. It is believed to be in the maze area. If anyone finds a Panasonic camera in a red & black housing, please turn it in to Sink or Swim Scuba in Nanaimo.

Divegoose

Visibility at the local mid island sites has dropped a bit over the past week. Was out at Madrona this morning, and visibility was only about 20 - 30 feet - a little better at depth. Dolphin and Tyee have both dropped a bit as well.

The camera that was lost at Madrona has apparently been found. Just waiting for it to be turned in at Sink or Swim so that the location where it was found can be determined. There was a lot of conflicting information on where it might have been dropped. I am also interested to see what type of retention system, if any, was on it. When I got my new camera for Christmas the first thing I attached to it prior to taking it in the water was a heavy duty snappy coil. No chance of losing the camera outfit if I accidently dropped it.

Dive safe !!

Divegoose

40 - 50 feet of visibility at Dolphin this morning. Better as we got deeper, and great when the sunshine broke through.

Divegoose

Dove at Cottam Point yesterday. Visibility was 20 - 30 feet. Dove at The Jib on the weekend, and visibility was also about 20 - 30 feet.

Divegoose

Dove at Madrona Point yesterday - a good 50 feet of visibility, especially on the big wall.

Dove at Oak Point this morning - looks like we may be having our first plankton bloom of the year - visibility 10 - 20 feet at best, even at depth. Lots of crap in the water. :(

Dive safe !!

Divegoose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom