Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visibility has taken a real nose dive over the last week. At Madrona this morning we had 5 - 10 feet at best in the shallows, and 10 - 20 feet on the big wall. :( Going to get even worse once the herring run reaches this area....:eek:

Divegoose

5 - 10 feet of visibility at Tyee this morning :(

Lots of fish boats off of Parksville Bay. Looks like the herring run is arriving in this area :eek:

Divegoose

About 10 - 15 feet of visibility at Tyee this morning. Much better than last weekend.

Divegoose

Went to Oak Leaf (Oak Point) this morning. Visibility in the shallows was, at BEST five feet. Pretty well had to be touching my buddy to see him. At depth, a maximum of 55 feet, visibility wasn't much better. Due to poor visibility and current, we actually ended the dive early :(

Divegoose

Was out at Tyee Cove yesterday (18th). Visibility has cleared up quite a bit - we had about 40 feet.

Divegoose

Did a dive at Madrona Point on Apr 30th. In less than a week the visibility had dropped to almost zero....:confused: 1 - 2 feet in the shallows, and at best 10 feet on the big wall, if you were looking up towards the surface.

Hadn't been in the water in almost 3 weeks, as all central island vis reports were bad. Decided to give it a try this morning at Tyee, and vis is still bad. At best we had 10 feet of visibilty, but for the most part it was much less. Even lost my buddy on the right hand wall due to the poor vis :eek:

Checking my logs for the past few years, looks like we may have a couple of more weeks before it starts to clear up....:(

Divegoose

30 - 40 feet of visibility at Oak Leaf this morning. A little bit cloudy in the thermocline at around 30 feet, but other than that it was the best vis we have had in almost a month :yeahbaby:

Divegoose

Nice! Something to supplement the Facebook updates. Love a good vis report.

Tuesday night had some decent vis at Henderson Point (which has been, I think, generally pretty good for a while now).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom