Vicious carnivorous fish attack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh yeah....I caught this little monster in Tampa Bay. Talk about attitude. Use him on my signature now, I was lucky to be able to walk away:
hellpuffer.jpg

Then a few months later, MrsBottomfeeder came across this guy at Spanish Rocks. We had to dump our weights and risk DCS with a quick lift bag ride out of danger. They successfully put my hand back on and she recovered from the experience and is now in therapy and doing fine:

badhermit.jpg

Ummm if that is in Tampa Bay...well...I think I will just keep diving with my sharks! What is it anyway? ...And they say radiation has no ill effects on sealife! LOL!

Carolyn:sharks:

cleaner.gif

It has happened something similar to me. It was on Bells in Dahab. We went along the reef and something bites me a few times in my lip. It really hurts. I was afraid that I had something with my regulator and suddenly I saw this small fish infront of my mask. Next time i will catch him in my mounth :D

"cleaner wrasse" at least in the aquarium trade. were you over a cleaning station? could just take out your reg, open your mouth, and skip your next dental appointment.

Well today topped them all. I was free diving a shore wreck and i found a puffer fish. wanting to show my bro how they puff up i grabbed him and bought him to the surface and made him puff up. Some how he managed to get my pinky in his mouth and it hurt so bad. they must eat barnacles. I started thrashing my arm around so violently and he was still attached. i couldn't not believe it. I felt betrayed by it because it was so cute till it bit me.

I used to have a Porcupine Puffer (Diodon hystrix) in my large reef tank. I swear those things are intelligent. I'm not kidding when I say that when I walked into the room (not anybody else, just me) he would swim back and forth feverishly in the front of the tank just like a puppy welcoming his master home. I had an armchair near the tank and that fish could actually squirt water out of his mouth and hit me sitting in the chair! no joke. he never bit me, but I've seen their mouths and don't relish the idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom