Vicious carnivorous fish attack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleaner.gif

It has happened something similar to me. It was on Bells in Dahab. We went along the reef and something bites me a few times in my lip. It really hurts. I was afraid that I had something with my regulator and suddenly I saw this small fish infront of my mask. Next time i will catch him in my mounth :D

I know what you are talking about. Last weekend the little ba**ard waiting by my dive buddy's arm while he was writing on his slate. Just plotting against us. After he finished writing and me reading it, the little ba**ard went for my finger. I will get him when I go back.

Well I was out at the quarry this morning, lying on the bottom, playing "dead",waiting for some Rescue Diver students to find me as they ran their search pattern.

And the bluegill were surrounding me as usual. Some poised in front of my mask as if looking at their reflection like they so often do.

Quick as lightning one of those feisty little S.O.B.s bit my upper lip just right of the center. Took some of the skin off and I am swollen and bruised.

I'm coming back next time with a spear gun and take out that little 8 ounce rascal. I'd recognize his face anywhere.

Screw the speargun...take out the whole family with the war hammer!

I was sitting in a quarry at the ramp part with my wet suit pulled down trying to cool off and I had one bite me right in the nipple, it hurt so bad i couldn't believe it, it even scabbed over. he zeroed in right on my nipple like a target.

the worst though was we had these fish that we call chubbs around here in our local aquarium in the 295,000 gallon main tank. when the take was first built we didnt know these fish would attack people once they got used to them. and any, and i mean Any hair sticking out of a hood was food for them. it hurt so bad sometimes cause you would never see it coming. finally after 3 months of them terrorizing the divers in the tank it was time to get them out. they put up a fight too. we netted 4 of the 6 but it took about 5 hours just for those 2. the last 2 had to be dispatached the ol fashioned way. we waited till the aquarium shut down for the evening and went in and shot them with spear guns and one got eaten by the sand tiger after he got shot and I cheered a little when it happened.

and stay away from those trigger. i have heard Way too many horror stories from them bad boys.

LOL, thought of something else

something funny to do, have some people sitting around with no wetsuit with you and watch the bluegill hammer on their legs or arms; halarious.

Oh boy a new series, Shark Week is getting a bit old. This could be really profitable. Uh, count me out as an investor. :)

Well today topped them all. I was free diving a shore wreck and i found a puffer fish. wanting to show my bro how they puff up i grabbed him and bought him to the surface and made him puff up. Some how he managed to get my pinky in his mouth and it hurt so bad. they must eat barnacles. I started thrashing my arm around so violently and he was still attached. i couldn't not believe it. I felt betrayed by it because it was so cute till it bit me.
P8060217.JPG

Well today topped them all. I was free diving a shore wreck and i found a puffer fish. wanting to show my bro how they puff up i grabbed him and bought him to the surface and made him puff up. Some how he managed to get my pinky in his mouth and it hurt so bad. they must eat barnacles. I started thrashing my arm around so violently and he was still attached. i couldn't not believe it. I felt betrayed by it because it was so cute till it bit me.
P8060217.JPG

Well that's what you get...:no

You attacked him, he defended himself

Back
Top Bottom