Very strange thread -- would you dive with me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If only you were closer. There is a ton I could learn! YES!:)

Coming into this rather late, but FWIW I've never felt intimidated, and sure I'd dive with you. Now GI3 . . .

Re TSandM, until I read your web page I didn't know how the name came about, and just wondered. On the other hand, in an earlier century a friend of mine and I ran car rallies under the nom de rallies "Uncle Pervy and Bruno" (you have to have been a Cheech and Chong fan) without attracting undue attention, so TSandM barely registered.

As to the avatar I like it; I get the joke, and I _want_ dive buddies who are analytical, calm, cool, and collected. But then I'm attracted to the DIR idea (even if I think it's unlikely that I'll be completely assimilated), so perhaps that's to be expected. And I guess those who haven't been watching one of the numerous permutations of Star Trek all their lives might not get the joke, although for the life of me I don't understand how anyone could assume that was actually you (any more than they could assume that NW Grateful Diver's avatar was actually a photo of Bob).

Of course, if you'd chosen Seven of Nine as your avatar instead of the Borg Queen, I can guarantee that the number of males who'd be interested in diving with you would dramatically increase:D, and there'd be "no Tribble at all"*

Guy

*reference to bad Star Trek pun

Well, I think the people I was talking to either thought I'd find them wanting or felt like I was too "exalted" to want to dive with them . . . but shoot, on my bad days, I still have buoyancy control issues (although they aren't measured in meters any more, but just in feet). And I just nearly lost it in midwater because of vertigo . . . why would anybody think I was intimidating? I don't get it.

Hell yes I would! You have to promise there would be no attempts at assimilation though.

In the last week, I've had three different people tell me that they were glad to have finally gotten to dive with me, because previously they were afraid to.

Afraid to? Afraid to dive with ME? Good heavens.

But now I'm beginning to understand why I keep offering to dive with new divers and nobody takes me up on it.

Would YOU dive with me? And if not, why not?

I use a Roomba, a Scooba and a GPS unit, so why not?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom