Very pleased with Tusa's IQ-700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Tusa Hunter console with the 700 computer in it...love it!! I like the DiveRite book much better though. The computer is actually made by Sieko Inc..

Other than the minimalist planning feature, there doesn't seem to be a downside to this computer. Does anyone know if you can easily mount the NitekDuo (wrist version) into a Tusa Hunter console?

Edit: Nevermind. On further review the Tusa IQ-700 has a two year warranty, while the DiveRite Duo has a one year warranty. Wassupwiddat?

BTW, more poorly written Tusa manuals are available from their Netherland website than you'll find at www.tusa.com.

My LDS is a dive rite dealer and he is trying to sell the NITEK DUO for around $500. I go into another store and I see the TUSA DC Hunter, "Boy, that looks familiar." $300. Now I go and ask my LDS what the deal is and he goes tells me that he can't believe he is selling that computer that cheap. Completely understandable he has a point, he has a right to make money. But I told him that I didn't see a single difference in the computers and that it is probably made by the same manufacturer. Needless to say he had no comment at the time. 3 weeks later I go back and he tells me that the computers have two totally different programmed algorithms and that each manufacturer has their own proprietary algorithm that they don't share. Does this sound like a very good work of fiction because I think they are identical. Now I read here that Apeks also makes the same computer. Hmmm.....Does there exist a difference between these computers? I don't think so, let me know what you guys think that are using them. I am definitely interested in purchasing one of these computers and would like to figure out if there is a differece. Thanks

Dive4Life:
he tells me that the computers have two totally different programmed algorithms and that each manufacturer has their own proprietary algorithm that they don't share.

wow a theif and a liar. fwiw, I bought two from Larry at Scuba Toys - he's the man!

Does there exist a difference between these computers? I don't think so, let me know what you guys think that are using them. I am definitely interested in purchasing one of these computers and would like to figure out if there is a differece. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Nope - they are exactly the same - all made by Seiko! :eyebrow:

-Henrik

darkstar:
Got the Apeks branded model about a month ago. They are great underwater. Programming gases is a dream compared to my old AWAC.

Still waiting to hear when the download kit will be released.
It is available. Got my cable yesterday and the software is on the Apeks website.

I'm also in Canada so my LDS got the cable through Aqualung Canada. You should be able to get it that way also, or else order it from Larry.

Daryl Morse:
It is available. Got my cable yesterday and the software is on the Apeks website.

I'm also in Canada so my LDS got the cable through Aqualung Canada. You should be able to get it that way also, or else order it from Larry.

Thanks for the info. I was almost tempted to buy the Tusa kit from Larry :wink:.

And mysteriously, the Apeks software looks exactly like the Tusa software. I still love this computer, no mater whos brand is stamped on the case.

Back
Top Bottom