Verifying dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is not the cost of the course... I could claim that cinema tickets cost 1000% more in Chile than where I live following that logic.
Ok. But you can find PADI or SSI in almost all the diving places in the world. With GUE, you need to track the star instructor movements, go wherever they are even of it is a place tou don’t like and select their choosen time that can be weeks or months away. At least, that’s the way it is in Europe. It might easier in the States.

Ok. But you can find PADI or SSI in almost all the diving places in the world. With GUE, you need to track the star instructor movements, go wherever they are even of it is a place tou don’t like and select their choosen time that can be weeks or months away. At least, that’s the way it is in Europe. It might easier in the States.

I live in Europe and find that to be an exageration of reality.

I live in Europe and find that to be an exageration of reality.
You have to admit that GUE is the only agency where in their site, you track an instructor (who is she/ he?) rather than a course. Once again, based on all the comments I have read on SB, I believe that GUE is way superior in training.

You have to admit that GUE is the only agency where in their site, you track an instructor (who is she/ he?) rather than a course. Once again, based on all the comments I have read on SB, I believe that GUE is way superior in training.

That does not depend on GUE but on which option you choose. Their website allows you to find an instructor or a course.

That does not depend on GUE but on which option you choose. Their website allows you to find an instructor or a course.
He meant to say that it’s much easier to find a PADI class than a GUE class for most locations. And you may find relatively easily a local one where you don’t need accommodation.

Steady!
I did not realize Albert Einstein is Dutch!

Rudolf Clausius is German.
I am not Dutch. I am French even if my main home is in the Netherlands. But before Einstein, Lavoisier stated: nothing is lost, nothing is created. Everything transformed. Of course, that was before quantum physics.

What this thread really shows though is that very few of us on SB are trained by, or know much about SSI.
It’s really not all that serious as this thread has made it out to be. When you log a dive in SSI app it still shows it and all the data you input even though it isn’t “verified.” The only reason it needs to be verified is for training through an SSI shop that requires a certain number of dives.

Back
Top Bottom