VEO 250 Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Oceanic Cust. Svc.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I'm fighting a bit of a respiratory issue, just got back from the doctor. I'll try to get back to responding to this thread as soon as I'm back on my feet. In the mean time, I want to say thanks to the person from Oceanic (Ron?) for responding in detail to my post above.

@Everyone
I want to point out, we want Oceanic to succeed. The last thing I want to be stuck with are fewer choices of dive gear manufactures. And I still have a significant investment in Oceanic gear that I want to continue using for years from now, including 2 Oceanic Delta II regs, 4 Oceanic Alpha octo's, 2 Delta 4 regs, 4 Oceanic pressure gauges, 2 Prodigy Computers, 2 VEO 250 computers, 2 Oceanic BCs , Oceanic mask and snorkel.. not to mention a few other Oceanic odd and ends ( new fins, wetsuit, knife, compass.. etc). I some times look like walking Oceanic billboard.

Our goal is to understand the situation and come up with reasonable solution for all parties involved.

Cheers y'all!

I read all your post you haven't sent it in and if you had sent it in for an annual service you would have a warranty.

Please explain this one to me, specifically how sending in your dive computer for annual service extends the warranty? While you are at it, any idea what is done on an annual service for a dive computer?

Please explain this one to me, specifically how sending in your dive computer for annual service extends the warranty? While you are at it, any idea what is done on an annual service for a dive computer?

Don't take my word for it do the research with your oceanic dealer or call oceanic this is the internet after all.
But when I talk them a couple of years back they said they do a current test, depth test, function test and install new battery.

Don't take my word for it do the research with your oceanic dealer or call oceanic this is the internet after all.
But when I talk them a couple of years back they said they do a current test, depth test, function test and install new battery.

Duh! I did check out their web site and read their warranty BEFORE I asked the question. I also checked the manuals of my 3 oceanic computers. There is nothing about extending a warranty as you implied by sending it in for service. I just hoped you might have additional information that you might share.

You need to call oceanic as I said earlier or have your dealer look in his parts and price dealer manual. Working in a dive center I have a little more access to information.

@Oceanic - I appreciate the reply, however still no closer to a solution... you say its the battery, but you also dont know how to tell besides and a rigid testing of the battery, and you dont make a solid recommendation of a particular type. ...............

Ironic that this issue may have been solved in a different thread. See HERE. Recommended batteries are by Sony, Panasonic, Varta, or Renata.

Imorin: Look back and read post #52.

Not sure what you are getting at. Other posters have requested a list of Oceanic-recommended computer batteries. Assuming the truthfulness of the post I linked, Oceanic has provided such a list as indicated in that post.

Post #52 indicates that most of the batteries on that list (the Renata was not tested) did not work in two Oceanic computers. That result suggests there is something wrong with the computers not related to battery manufacturer.

Exactly! As we've been eluding to, we believe there is an inherent problem with the computer. As I said, despite using the suggested batteries, my computers continued to have problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom