Venice this Sat. 12-20-03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jupiter is on the east coast. Water is warmer in the winter and colder in the summer on the east coast.

I hate winters in Florida, it's way too cold. When I retire, I'll winter further south and spend my summers in Florida.

Didnt realise the gulf stream made such a difference, well i will definately bring the 5mm and hope!!

Did Dive Quest yesterday afternoon, it will be strange going from 78F shorty water to cooler stuff!

What is the temp approx at this time of year, lower than 72F? That is the coolest we did in the springs - one hour river drift and a 40 minute night river drift dive, both max 2o ft (45F air that night, brrrr).

How much further south could you be on the mainland???

Looks like 5mm and hope, with a jug of warm water for the second dive.

I still am not sure of the general run of these things, some get there at 9 (Walter), dive around 9.15?, some daive around 10.15 (Fgray1) who get there later. With about a 90 minute dive, so around 11.45, tank change to 12 for second dive. When would you be doing the second dive? With my breathing rate and starting around 9, ending around 10.15, that would mean an SI of about 1.75 hours or so - possibly enough time to sneak off to church and get thru that to be back a little after 12 (~1 hour in Sarasota), maybe at worst 12.30, would the viz be rubbish by then?? Would you have already started the second dive by then. I am really not trying to play the religous card here, just wondering IF i can do what i would like to IF the SI is the normal time for others.

smokeair and madeline will be there sunday, first time for us, shooting for around 1030am arrival time, as we will be coming from The Villages.

Would like to do my best on getting there early, hitting a dive and then again later, going straight to church would mean i wouldnt get in til 12.30 or so anyway (maybe earlier, if i can sneak out with only a hymn and pray to go!), so why not get a dive in early if possible - assuming you are wet around 9 of course, IF nothing is going on til after 10, then yes i will probably do it the other way.

Sunday awaits, Simon

With all those comments, i didnt mean to for others to arrange their dives times around, just wondering IF i can do it, by what normally is the way in these trips.

Will see if i can rustle up interest from folks at the shin-dig at the LDS i am renting from for the weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom