Venice this Sat. 12-20-03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about 9 AM?

From the south:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo. Keep your dive between the culverts to the south and the three pine trees to the north.

From the north:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 200 (SR681) and follow it to US 41 where you'll turn left (south). Take US 41 to Business US 41 (Tamiami Trail) where you turn right. After you cross the bridge, you'll turn right on Venice Ave. Turn left at the first light (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo.

I cant tell you if you are one or the other, given the option, i would place myself slightly more in the psycho range, mostly because i cant read minds!

Thanks for directions and although that time is mighty early, if i am up to it i will endevour to make it. Even if i have to rent a car for a day.

Usualy around 90 min each.
If we get there to late vis goes really to crap.
I'm not a speed diver. I like to relax when I set up and relax durning the dive. If I get ther around 9:30 I'll be getting in the water around 10:15. If you get ther around 10 and your fast setting up should be no problem. Walter if you get there early and go in we'll catch you on the second dive. I'm coming from Zephyrhills about 100 miles away.

Fred

I finally have a way of getting there - work truck!! If some are getting there at 9, others by around 10, when will you be putting in your second dive??

Only wondering if i can visit a "nearby" church to do what i do, therefore i can plan better if i know what option there usually is. IF however the dives are pretty much back to back, just a tank change, then i can arrange a visit to a nearer one that evening - not preferable, but possible. As i havent been on one of these trips i really dont know the protocol, hence the questions!!

As for UW time, with my BRV of about 0.6-0.8cuft/min (i would imagine the lower if there isnt much work to be done) i wouldnt think i could spend more than about 70 mins under at best on an AL80 @ 15ft (imagined depth of a shore dive in the gulf), (so pair me with another air sucker if you can!!) so i might be up a little earlier than some.

Heh i know i am a tough guy to deal with, just like to know where things stand if i can plan anything alongside this trip.

Looking forward to the trip, Simon

I just have two questions for you lucky folks in the great state of Florida.What thickness exposure suits are used in Venice around this time? And,because I read something about this in another thread,anyone finding Megalodon teeth in the Venice area? That is something I'd enjoy trying one day. I appreciate your feedback.

This time of year I would wear at least a 5 mm suit if not more. The Gulf tends to cool off pretty good this time of year. Yes there still are megaladon teeth being found. few and far between, but still out there

Was going to bring my 3mm, as that is what we used in Jupiter (2x25min @70', 76F) and the springs (several, various depths, up to 65 mins) - but on consideration, maybe i will bring my other suit, which is a 5mm and hope!!

By the way, these 40F mornings feel wonderful in shorts and t-shirt!! Much nicer than the summers (95F+), reminds me of the rolling hills of SW England (without the water temps!!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom